WCC Insider: Lineman Braun to transfer

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Mark Wheeler
      Forum Owner

Florida offensive lineman Josh Braun has decided to transfer.

He told me that he will be releasing a statement later today, but it was something that he and his family had been carefully considering.

Braun has played in two games this year, only one along the offensive line.

Another person told me that he wanted to redshirt this season in order to preserve a year of eligibility so that he can get his PhD from UF, but the feeling was that he felt like he wasn’t in the long-range plans of the coaching staff.

Mark Wheeler
      Forum Owner

Termigator
      ITG Subscriber

Personally I don’t think he’s been developed. I remember his true freshman year and he actually handled UGAs best D-Lineman Jordan Davis. I love the Gators but I think the young man has been coached wrong. I wish him the best and if he was my son I would encourage him to do the same as he will apparently graduate in December.

Tampa area Gator
      ITG Subscriber

I didn’t like how Napier talked about it like by Braun leaving he was abandoning the team during the season.

If he isn’t playing that much and wants to keep an extra year he should be able to do that.

Like Napier wanted to come to Florida so he didn’t coach his team’s bowl game.

Did he feel like he abandoned his team?

SwampMagic
      ITG Subscriber

Are either or both of Gouraige and White gone after this year?

If they are he should change his mind to start next year.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Never miss the latest news from Inside the Gators!

Join our free email list