- This topic has 8 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by SwampMagic.
- January 9, 2023 at 8:58 pm #29741OrangeandBlueITG Subscriber
Unless they get hit by major injuries or Kirby goes to the NFL we have almost no hope of catching up to Georgia anytime soon.
I hope I’m wrong but I don’t see it.
- January 9, 2023 at 9:22 pm #29742RegGatorITG Subscriber
That’s when we make our come back when it’s the darkest.
1 win over them is all it takes to change things. Start winning recruiting battles. Put some doubt in their mind.
- January 9, 2023 at 9:37 pm #29746Mark WheelerForum Owner
Putting aside hopes, wishes and dreams, the reality is Florida is no closer to Georgia than they were at this time last year.
Having said that one thing Saban said a couple of years ago has stuck with me, it’s how these top teams fare as quarterbacks come and go is what tells the tale.
Maybe the Dawgs next quarterback is a big drop off. Yes, they’ll still have top talent surrounding him, but if that happens and either Rashada or Lagway turns out to be a great quarterback, then there’s hope.
- January 10, 2023 at 11:00 am #29753OrangeandBlueITG Subscriber
We need them to implode or we’re not going to win the east for years.
- January 10, 2023 at 12:45 pm #29759TJWarrenITG Subscriber
If it can, it’s only going to get worse when Saban leaves and some of those recruits may go to Georgia.
- January 10, 2023 at 12:59 pm #29760Mark WheelerForum Owner
Or maybe Alabama comes after Smart.
- January 10, 2023 at 7:22 pm #29801Romeg8rITG Subscriber
This is the way our rivals felt in 1996. It’s cyclical. Something will happen to change the dynamic. It always does.
- January 12, 2023 at 11:34 am #29926SwampMagicITG Subscriber
It’s our time to cycle back to the top. We haven’t been there in 13 years.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.