I don’t know what to make of all this NIL drama

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Gatlin Gator
      ITG Subscriber

Pete Thamel said we had a booster promise money he didn’t have but it’s not our coaches fault.

Rashada reportedly agreed to an NIL deal with the Gator Collective upward of $13 million, and it fell through. That led to his decision to request his release from his NLI this week, and it’s unclear how the two sides — Rashada and the Gator Collective — will disengage from their agreement, Thamel said.

He added an apparent communication breakdown is at the center of it all.

“The Name, Image and Likeness contract, I don’t know how they disengage from that,” Thamel said on The Paul Finebaum Show Wednesday. “I was told … it was essentially a miscommunication where an agent was dealing with a representative of the firm and they thought they had that kind of money and they thought there was someone, be it be a booster or whoever, to put it up and it simply wasn’t there and didn’t exist. When the family got a sense of that, they decided to leave.”

“In the case of Florida, Paul, one interesting nuance is that because there is not Name, Image and Likeness in high schools like there is in California, they haven’t really dealt with these situations with recruits,” Thamel said. “Now, I was told that it’s very likely that Florida ends up distancing itself from the Gator Collective, and that’s happened at a bunch of schools where an initial collective pops up, it’s not working, the leadership isn’t in sync and they sort of move on, they mutate, they change. That’s part of the frontier nature of where we are in NIL.

Gatlin Gator
      ITG Subscriber

Jrbishop31
      ITG Subscriber

Nothing to make of it. Business deal that was terminated because it was not in the best interest of the long term future of the business. Happens everyday. It’s over. It’s time to move on. According to Shannon Snell, what’s being reported isn’t the truth and there will be a lot apologies once the truth does come out.

Romeg8r
      ITG Subscriber

If this keeps up college football ratings will start dropping.

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by Romeg8r.
      From the Swamp
      ITG Subscriber

We embarrassed ourselves is what to make of it.

GatorDMD
      ITG Subscriber

Did you hear him say a lot of collectives didn’t pay players what they promised and the players were going to the coaches asking where their money was and the coaches said they can’t control it.

We are the only ones that made the news about it.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Never miss the latest news from Inside the Gators!

Join our free email list