Golden on Reeves: “I did a bad job this past week.”

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Cam Parker
      ITG Staff

During his press availability, Todd Golden was asked about Kowacie Reeves Jr.’s lack of playing time during the PK Legacy Tournament and whether it was disciplinary or rotational. Here’s his quote:

“Yeah, no, not at all (on whether it was disciplinary). I did a bad job this past week. In a lot of ways, I need to be better at that. You know, we speak about Kowacie, specifically, definitely nothing disciplinary. Thought we kind of caught a good rhythm within the Florida State game. Trey’s (Bonham) been playing very well, and Trey took on that role…”

“… And, you know, sometimes it’s not so much about what one individual player is or isn’t doing as opposed to another guy sometimes playing a little better. Again, I need to do a better job of managing rotations. (Reeves) got the short end of the stick. That’s on me. He didn’t deserve to not play, but it just kind of caught in the moments, it just kind of happened and he’ll be back out there tomorrow night.”

That being said, expect Reeves to be in the rotation in some capacity tomorrow night against Florida A&M.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Never miss the latest news from Inside the Gators!

Join our free email list