- November 11, 2022 at 9:13 pm #25615
- November 11, 2022 at 9:18 pm #25622
Colin Castleton is here
- November 11, 2022 at 9:18 pm #25623
Will Richard is here as well
- November 11, 2022 at 9:20 pm #25624
Castleton says that he has put the time in and worked his confidence to move past his shoulder injury with the help of coach Golden.
- November 11, 2022 at 9:21 pm #25626
Castleton on offseason work:
“Throughout the offseason when I was going through my rehab, mentally just knew I just had to push. it was all mental so you just have to have the right mindset.”
- November 11, 2022 at 9:22 pm #25627
Castleton says that coach William has pushed him to be a better ballhandler off the break. Says Coach Golden has given him the confidence to push the break.
- November 11, 2022 at 9:23 pm #25629
Richard says that the team did well in staying composed after Lofton’s technical.
“That’s just when you have to come together as a team.”
- November 11, 2022 at 9:24 pm #25631
Castleton says that the Gators knew that Kennesaw State’s Chris Youngblood was a great shooter.
Kennesaw State shot 54% in the second half and kept within reach of Florida in what could’ve been a blowout.
- November 11, 2022 at 9:25 pm #25632
Richard on the backcourt’s response to Lofton’s bad game:
“I think Myreon did a great job.” Says that the tea,’s depth is a strength heading into the season and it showed tonight.
- November 11, 2022 at 9:27 pm #25633
Castleton says that the team had a mindset not to settle for bad shots and head into the basket more often.
Says that coach Golden came into the locker room after the game displeased about certain aspects of the game.
The locker room as compared to the opening win against Stony Brook was definitely different.
- November 11, 2022 at 9:33 pm #25635
Todd Golden is here
- November 11, 2022 at 9:34 pm #25638
Golden says that the team thought they had an advantage inside, the double team was prepared for.
Says that the team did well on the free throws and in limiting turnovers.
- November 11, 2022 at 9:35 pm #25639
On Castleton’s performance:
“Pretty dang good.”
- November 11, 2022 at 9:36 pm #25640
Golden says that the team underperformed in the paint defense.
He says that the six offensive rebounds arent a concern.
“We didn’t miss much.”
- November 11, 2022 at 9:37 pm #25641
Golden says that he doesnt get mad when things go wrong that require talent.
Rather the simple things must be executed well.
- November 11, 2022 at 9:38 pm #25642
Golden says that Kyle Lofton must do better as a leader of the team and avoid the technical.
Says that Myreon Jones, did well in stepping in.
- November 11, 2022 at 9:39 pm #25643
“You know what we have a lot of good players.”
Golden says that Niels Lane didn’t see the court because “it’s really hard to play 11 guys.”
Says it’s less about what Niels had to do to get on the court and more about what Myreon Jones brought to the team.
- November 11, 2022 at 9:41 pm #25644
On Castleton working on ball handling:
“Teams that have multiple guys on transition are really difficult to stop in transition.”
Says that Castleton is trusted to bring the ball down if he sees an advantage in doing so.
- November 11, 2022 at 9:42 pm #25645
Golden says that the minutes Jitoboh and Castleton shared the floor, the team grew in both size and their lead.
Says that the only downside was giving up some threes, but the two did well in defending screens.
- November 11, 2022 at 9:42 pm #25646
Says that Kowacie Reeves grew with the game and it was most visible tonight.
- November 11, 2022 at 9:42 pm #25647
That’s all for tonight!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.