- This topic has 14 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 months ago by Zackary Weiss.
- January 14, 2023 at 5:54 pm #30066
Following the big win over the No. 20 Tigers, Todd Golden and select players will address the media. Follow along here for live updates.
- January 14, 2023 at 5:55 pm #30067
At the podium: Colin Castleton, Myreon Jones, Will Richard
- January 14, 2023 at 5:57 pm #30070
Castleton said Kugel’s early threes were what gave them their energy and momentum early on.
- January 14, 2023 at 5:58 pm #30071
Colin Castleton on scoring 1,000 points as a Gator, with a smile on his face:
“I’ve been in college for a long time … I feel like a grandpa.”
- January 14, 2023 at 5:59 pm #30072
Myreon Jones on Kugel’s impact, says he’s huge for the team. Adds that he’s been coming into his own lately, improving game by game and playing less rushed — more controlled.
- January 14, 2023 at 6:00 pm #30073
Jones on when they go “small,” says they can switch more and play faster.
- January 14, 2023 at 6:00 pm #30074
Now on the podium: Todd Golden
- January 14, 2023 at 6:01 pm #30075
“We’re getting there. Awesome win for us.” Adds that they’re “really consistent” at starting games poorly and that he doesn’t have an explanation for that. Says they played “great.”
- January 14, 2023 at 6:03 pm #30076
On Myreon Jones, Golden says he’s been playing really well since Christmas. Adds that he “just doesn’t turn the ball over.” Speaks to his 5-1 assist-to-turnover ratio today. Says that him, along with Colin and Kyle, really provide a calming presence for this team in high-pressure situations.
- January 14, 2023 at 6:05 pm #30077
On what he tells his team during a game like this where they have 19 turnovers:
“We can look at this in one of two ways”
Says one is to feel sorry for themselves that they’re turning the ball over and the other is to look at it like despite the fact that they have been turning it over, they are still right in it.
- January 14, 2023 at 6:08 pm #30078
“It was all about handling pressure today.”
Says that they knew once they got through that first line of pressure — whether it be full court or around half court — they knew they’d be able to find open shooters and cutters.
- January 14, 2023 at 6:09 pm #30079
On Castleton’s 6 assists and overall passing ability:
“He’s just a really good basketball player.”
Says that while his scoring is down — because of the double and triple teams being sent his way — he is playing good basketball and finding his guys rather than trying to shoot through defenders.
Adds that he’s seen him become much more of a “winning player” as the season’s gone on. Says he’s become one of the best passing bigs in the nation.
- January 14, 2023 at 6:11 pm #30080
On Alex Fudge:
“He’s so much more of a winning player than he was, even in the summer … He’s just a pleasure to be around every day.”
- January 14, 2023 at 6:12 pm #30081
“I really think that Georgia game was a key moment for us.”
Says that because they were able to pull out a win there despite the opposition knocking down some shots, it gave them momentum and confidence to finish similar games — those like today’s.
- January 14, 2023 at 6:13 pm #30082
That’s all for the press conference.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.