- September 10, 2022 at 10:30 pm #20880
Billy Napier and Players are set to speak to the media following No. 12 Florida’s loss to No. 2o Kentucky 26-16.
Stay tuned for updates on the forum.
- September 10, 2022 at 10:55 pm #20888
coach Napier is here
- September 10, 2022 at 10:55 pm #20889
Napier: “Coaching is a lot like teaching, when students dont perform as well as you want them to you have to take a long look in the mirror.”
- September 10, 2022 at 10:56 pm #20890
Napier: Says the team didn’t “earn the right to win, we made too many mistakes and the film will say that.”
- September 10, 2022 at 10:58 pm #20892
Napier on back padding Anthony after Utah:
“I think Anthony, there’s no one that’s their own worst critic than him.”
Says that Anthony can do things better but “it all starts with me.”
“Anthony made mistakes, I made mistakes.”
- September 10, 2022 at 10:59 pm #20893
Q: “Was there some miscommunication on the pick-six?”
Napier: “Yes sir.”
- September 10, 2022 at 11:00 pm #20894
On Anthony being limited to six carries:
Says Kentucky’s defense limited the team and last week AR just had more opportunities conceptually.
- September 10, 2022 at 11:01 pm #20895
Napier: “When we look back at it, it will be down right to execution.”
“We have them a pick six, we gave them a short field after the interception.”
- September 10, 2022 at 11:02 pm #20896
Napier: “A lot of good on defense.”
Commended the team on creating negatives and hurrying the quarterback.
“There was no quit, even at the end of the game.”
- September 10, 2022 at 11:02 pm #20899
On what he told the team after the game:
Says that it falls on him to prepare the guys for the win.
- September 10, 2022 at 11:04 pm #20901
On if people forget if AR is still a young QB:
“That’s his second start in the swamp in his entire life.”
“How many lessons has this guy learned?”
Says that ultimately the best lessons in life come from the biggest struggles
- September 10, 2022 at 11:05 pm #20904
On younger players on defense and Ventrell Miller:
‘Two injuries in Ventrell and Tarquin, lower leg injuries.”
Says that more info will be dispersed next week.
- September 10, 2022 at 11:05 pm #20905
Napier: “Too many mistakes for my liking, as coaches we’re going to take care of that.”
- September 10, 2022 at 11:06 pm #20907
Napier keeps emphasizing that he needs to look at the tape in order to answer questions of what happened tonight.
- September 10, 2022 at 11:07 pm #20908
Says that Trevor Etienne is an excitement for the team, a player low unto the ground that can make players miss.
- September 10, 2022 at 11:07 pm #20909
Gervon Dexter is here
- September 10, 2022 at 11:08 pm #20910
On his interception:
“Cox made a great play on the ball, I saw the ball and made a play on the ball.”
- September 10, 2022 at 11:09 pm #20911
On D-line ability to control pass rush: “I think coach Toney called a good game.”
Says that the team just wants to be dominant.
- September 10, 2022 at 11:10 pm #20912
on Will Levis: “I think he’s a pretty good player, coach PT called a good game against him.”
Says that the Gators took away what Levis was “good at.”
Says that the young defensive players are “young, but mature.”
- September 10, 2022 at 11:11 pm #20914
On Ventrell Miller: “Ventrell is like a QB on defense, he’s very vocal. so, it’s hard to play without him.”
- September 10, 2022 at 11:12 pm #20916
Says that he feels as though Napier trusts the defense after going for it in fourth down with the game on the line.
- September 10, 2022 at 11:13 pm #20918
“It’s tough losing an SEC game.”
“A good thing that changed last year to this year: we’re pretty focused on our goal.”
Says the team is focused on the game and the yearly goal rather than the weekly rankings.
- September 10, 2022 at 11:14 pm #20919
Anthony Richardson is up next
- September 10, 2022 at 11:21 pm #20920
Richardson: “Just have to play better, i feel like i let everybody down.”
Says he looked the defense in the eyes and told them he would get them points after their big stop in the fourth.
- September 10, 2022 at 11:22 pm #20921
On his physical health:
Says his confidence got shot after missing open shot.Says he was fine physically.
- September 10, 2022 at 11:23 pm #20922
On two interceptions:
Says that the first one was a good play on him, the second “a flashback to the Georgia game, just threw it right at the dude.”
- September 10, 2022 at 11:23 pm #20923
Says that the offense ran the ball well.
“That was the best part, passing was…terrible. But that’s on me. “
- September 10, 2022 at 11:24 pm #20924
“At times I tried to push it a little but, I tried to aim it and that affected me.”
- September 10, 2022 at 11:25 pm #20925
Says that he faced the media tonight to own up to the loss.
“I tried to lead but I dont think I did that pretty well tonight.”
Says that he feels as though the loss is completely on him.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.