- October 27, 2022 at 12:58 pm #24244
Lakeland (Fla.) five-star cornerback Cormani McClain, the No. 2 ranked prospect in the nation according to the On3 Consensus, will be making his announcement during the 7 o’clock hour this evening.
The ceremony will air on CBS Sports HQ
- October 27, 2022 at 1:46 pm #24248
Stars and offers aside, I have always believed that one of the main predictors of how a prospect eventually turns out is also based on the way they handle the recruiting process.
Those who have a soap opera like process tend to underperform.
McClain though doesn’t seek the spotlight and has been steady as a rock.
Six months ago while he still had a top eight, he told me he was certain of three finalists, and those are the three hats on the table tonight.
- October 27, 2022 at 1:47 pm #24249
Big congrats on your decision today, Cormani! Loved witnessing first hand the way you handled this process
Wherever you go, that team is getting an elite athlete and an even better person
— Keith Barefield (@rkbarefield) October 27, 2022
- October 27, 2022 at 1:48 pm #24250
- October 27, 2022 at 6:13 pm #24271
It could happen anytime between 6:30 and 7:00.
- October 27, 2022 at 6:48 pm #24276
- October 27, 2022 at 6:51 pm #24279
Miami it is.
- October 27, 2022 at 7:01 pm #24280
Florida may not have gotten the cherry on top, and yes this is a disappointment, but a class of Denson, Jackson, and Johnson – and now maybe Gates at corner, is still four four-stars for Raymond to work with.
- October 27, 2022 at 7:08 pm #24281
Money money money
- October 27, 2022 at 7:08 pm #24282
That’s a hit right there folks.
- October 27, 2022 at 7:10 pm #24283
That’s a hit right there folks. And this is why I hate recruiting services They do not know crap
- October 27, 2022 at 7:50 pm #24296
- October 27, 2022 at 7:57 pm #24301Steve LITG Subscriber
Mark, you and another prominent forum owner were all over McCalain coming to Florida. Both of you got a big bloody nose on this one. That cherry on the top stuff is for ice cream and sundaes, not recruiting.This a massive kick in the nuts and no amount of half ass coverup BS explanation is changing that. We got screwed blued ad tattooed.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.