- This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 months, 2 weeks ago by JayM.
- August 9, 2022 at 10:39 pm #18887
- August 10, 2022 at 1:53 pm #18894JayMITG Subscriber
This is all good and necessary but I can’t shake the feeling that we are too late to the party on facilities and support staff. We finally have decent facilities and competitive support staff just at the time the value of these things has been greatly diminished by NIL and reduction of transfer restrictions.
We have become competitive in the old model just as the new model has replaced the old.
It’s not for naught. We need the facilities regardless and the support staff will most likely still help in recruiting the right guys, developing guys, retaining coaches, etc. But we hired a guy versed in the old model. Let’s hope he’s as good at the new model!
He might be and I hope it all works out a Gator football is fun again for many years. But, maybe I’m just a little paranoid…
- August 10, 2022 at 2:08 pm #18896Steve LITG Subscriber
Sorry JayM you may be a teeny bit paranoid but I understand where you’re coming from. Just lay back, have a brew and with the show. Nothing we can so about it anyway. I for one think things are on the way up. Go Gators.
- August 10, 2022 at 2:18 pm #18897Steve LITG Subscriber
watch not with. Again I fumble
- August 10, 2022 at 3:21 pm #18899JayMITG Subscriber
Nothing we can do about it and things are looking up. I’m looking forward to Utah!
At the very least, I think this coaching staff is going to produce a team we can be proud of, a team that plays with effort, a team that is united/connected and an environment where the players have a good college experience.
If a few things go our way, maybe we will be really good at some point in Napier’s tenure!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.