- January 23, 2023 at 1:21 pm #30471VerobeachgatorITG Subscriber
Did they name the booster who didn’t come through with the money promised to Rashada?
- January 23, 2023 at 2:51 pm #30475JayMITG Subscriber
My understanding is that either 1) Rashada asked for more money post signing or 2) the agreement was terminated two weeks before signing day, or perhaps a little of both.
- January 23, 2023 at 5:39 pm #30484Romeg8rITG Subscriber
- January 23, 2023 at 6:17 pm #30485Mark WheelerForum Owner
What is becoming more and more reasonable sounding is that he had a $6 million deal with Miami (which is still more than I would pay a high school player), Florida offered him $7 to flip, that was either agreed upon or the starting point, but then they wanted an additional $6 million to cover any litigation they might face from breaking the Miami contract and the UF side balked.
To me, and TO BE CLEAR I HAVE NO IDEA what the deal was, but that sounds more likely than Rashada being offered a $13 million deal.
- January 24, 2023 at 1:34 pm #30526JayMITG Subscriber
That makes perfect sense Mark. That’s the most reasonable take I’ve heard on the situation.
It still turns my stomach a bit…
Napier actually said it in print early on this recruiting cycle when we started losing heavy Gator leans with great relationships to Miami for more $. He actually said “It makes me sick to my stomach.” Unusual frankness.
- January 24, 2023 at 2:04 pm #30531OrangeandBlueITG Subscriber
I think it’s the one that started the Guard guard.
- January 26, 2023 at 1:59 pm #30661LilgatorITG Subscriber
Do they really have to say who it is?
Can’t you figure out that it’s the one who announced him the day before he committed.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.