Billy Napier Press Availability: 8/29/22

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Zackary Weiss
    ITG Subscriber

Billy Napier will be meeting with the media at approximately 11:30 to preview this week’s game against Utah. Follow along right here for live updates.

Zackary Weiss
    ITG Subscriber

Napier opens with an ode to the fans. “Be there early. Know that you can contribute to the game.” He clearly expects and looks forward to a wild Swamp on Saturday.

Zackary Weiss
    ITG Subscriber

Napier on where he feels he made the biggest strides to have this program ready for Utah: “I think that’s a question to be asked at a different time of the year … We’re focused on the things we need to do today to get our team ready to win the game.”

Zackary Weiss
    ITG Subscriber

“We’ve done a lot of mock situations to prepare for this week.” Napier now speaking on controlling distractions and setting priorities – having a specific plan. On setting priorities – “self discipline, focus, keeping the main thing the main thing throughout the week … Each week you start over … It’s like taking a final exam every week … Each week, erase the board and start over.”

Zackary Weiss
    ITG Subscriber

Napier says he won’t have butterflies and jitters, that over time he’s learned how to be well prepared and have confidence.

Zackary Weiss
    ITG Subscriber

On approach to play-calling on game-day: “We have a process we go through … as you approach the game, we do a number of different things. The quarterback is involved …”

Zackary Weiss
    ITG Subscriber

Napier now talking about spending time during the week with (presumably) Anthony Richardson, creating chemistry and morale, going over plays.

Zackary Weiss
    ITG Subscriber

Napier on Utah: “They’re balanced … I admire the brand of football that they play … They’re coordinator – I’ve watched this guy for a long time. He’s good at what he does … There’s a reason they’re well thought of going into the season.”

Zackary Weiss
    ITG Subscriber

Napier says that he’s very pleased with Richardson’s attitude and approach. “Now we get to zero the focus in on a specific plan.” Says that Richardson is buying into the game-plan.

Zackary Weiss
    ITG Subscriber

“We’d like to get to a place around here where our preparation is really the same regardless of who we play.”

Zackary Weiss
    ITG Subscriber

Napier, exiting the press conference, on his calm demeanor: “It’s Monday.”

Zackary Weiss
    ITG Subscriber

Now on Podium: Dante Zanders

Zackary Weiss
    ITG Subscriber

Zanders says that they were an “undisciplined” team last year, looks forward to a change of pace this season with Napier.

Zackary Weiss
    ITG Subscriber

Zanders on preparing for Utah’s physicality: “I feel like we’re prepared … We’re a physical team as well.”

Zackary Weiss
    ITG Subscriber

Zanders on the biggest improvement in Anthony Richardson since Spring: “Leadership.”

Zackary Weiss
    ITG Subscriber

Zanders, continuing on Richardson, “”He’s Kadarius Toney at the quarterback position … He’s an incredible player.”

Zackary Weiss
    ITG Subscriber

“I feel like a kid the night before Christmas” – Zanders on this first game-week

Zackary Weiss
    ITG Subscriber

Now on Podium: Amari Burney

Zackary Weiss
    ITG Subscriber

Burney on the challenge that Utah’s Tight Ends present: “They got two good Tight Ends – No. 80 and No. 86.”

Zackary Weiss
    ITG Subscriber

Burney says that limiting penalties has been and is going to continue to be a major emphasis for the team on both ends.

Zackary Weiss
    ITG Subscriber

Burney on Cam Rising: “He’s a great quarterback – sneaky fast.”

Zackary Weiss
    ITG Subscriber

Burney, just before exiting the press conference, on Coach Bateman: “He’s my life coach off the field as well … I’m very grateful for him.”

Zackary Weiss
    ITG Subscriber

Now on Podium: Jeremy Crawshaw

Zackary Weiss
    ITG Subscriber

“We knew we didn’t play up to our standard last year … We know we aren’t ranked and that [Utah] is.”

Crawshaw says that the team is well aware of Utah’s prowess and that Florida is absolutely ready to prove themselves.

Zackary Weiss
    ITG Subscriber

Crawshaw says that Napier came in and right away placed a huge emphasis on the team coming together, becoming one – creating a sense of family.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Never miss the latest news from Inside the Gators!

Join our free email list