- This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 months, 2 weeks ago by GatorsTrain27.
- July 16, 2022 at 8:33 pm #178051bigg8rindadeITG Subscriber
We can’t expect Napier to be able to recruit the first year he’s new to Florida.
3 other teams with new coaches ?
Who is the hottest team on the recruiting trail in July?
Oklahoma, Miami, LSU, or other ?
— Hayes Fawcett (@Hayesfawcett3) July 16, 2022
- July 16, 2022 at 9:09 pm #17806Bd489ITG Subscriber
Oklahoma is a bit of a unique case as he was the DC that turned clemson in to a team that could win championships with defense. Stayed for 10 or so years. He’s not coming from Louisiana. Lsu and Miami are new coaches to their teams but not new head coaches. Unfair comparison. Ok, Oklahoma is a closer comparison but the other 2 aren’t
- July 16, 2022 at 9:20 pm #17808GatorsTrain27ITG Subscriber
Give Napier time. I know we hear that a lot, but you have to remember Kelly was at Notre Dame, Cristobol was at Oregon and Venebles was at Clemson. Those guys have relationships with players across the nation, because of their previous stops as HC or DC(Venebles). Napier was at UL and has to play catch up. So far he’s doing very well, for having new relationships with most most of these players.
I get that we want to blow it out the park right away, I want that more than anyone, but we have to keep a wholistic perspective.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.