• We've made some major changes! Be sure to read this thread in order to get everything moved over.

25-Game Report Card: The numbers don’t look good

JayM

Premium Member
May 8, 2023
We need some good fortune in 2024 but the schedule is brutal again. I wouldn't be surprised if the preseason over-under for wins is 5.5. We are going to have to blow that out of the water! I really hate losing McClellan...

Termigator

May 8, 2023
Great analytics Mark. I did not know the exact numbers that you provided, but I would have guessed the results about the same as Spurrier and Meyer either 1, 2 or 2,1. As Parcels so accurately stated, You are what your record is. Should he have been fired after this year, probably. I still say, if after the first 5 games next year, if he starts of 2-3 or worse, he needs to be let go. Immediately hire Spurrier to be the Interim HC and then have The OBC deeply involved in the new Head Coach hire. Hopefully though we end up much better than that and we all have smiles on our faces.

Last edited:

Verobeachgator

Premium Member
May 9, 2023
What stands out the most to me is the record in one score games.

That's not some team having more talent than you and blowing you out. Or you having more talent and blowing someone else out. That is talent being equal and coaches are going ahead to head.

Spurrier, Meyer, McElwain a d Mullen were elite game day coaches.

McElwain and Mullen had chances to be very good but they fumbled the bag.

UFgator52-20

May 10, 2023
This is alarming because not only is he the worst in every category but he is by far the worst. If we fired him today it would be hard for him to make a case for why he should be allowed to stay on. This shows he is a bad coach.