• We've made some major changes! Be sure to read this thread in order to get everything moved over.

20/23 for 2023: Can Etienne take it to the next level

BD489

Premium Member
May 8, 2023
It's been a downer reading these reports on our offensive line.
Lost 3 starters including our best player. Haven’t recruited the position well enough for elite plug and play. Seem to have legit coaching though so I think they will be more than good after 3-4 games.

Mark Wheeler

Publisher
Staff member
Premium Member
Apr 26, 2023
Gainesville
insidethegators.com
I'm not here to sell tickets. We don't try to be positive or negative. We try to lay out what we see as we see it. Can we be wrong? Absolutely.

The thing about the college game nowadays is that with players transferring left and right, it's hard to get a preseason feel for what a team has.

We have to go with what we know based on their resume from last season, regardless of where that took place.

The fact is, there is only one player who has started multiple games for Florida at the position he is projected to play this season, and Eguakun had an underwhelming 2022 season.

Leonard is a bit on the smaller side, and in his two career starts hasn't given us any cause to say he solidly has that job won. Hell, Harris might challenge for that spot as a true freshman.

Now, Barber looked good in his time at right tackle, honestly, he looked better than Tarquin. Moving to the left side is new to him and thus a bit of a question mark.

Mazzccua has a chance to be very good if he can build on what he did at Baylor, but we're still in the dark as to when he will be fully good to go.

Then you have George at right tackle, who took offensive line snaps for Alabama in one game last year, and his top backup is no longer here.

So, there's potential, but there are plenty of question marks.

crfcom

Premium Member
May 10, 2023
I've already said here on another thread that I think Etienne will be RB1 after a couple games. He blew up in the weight room and still has the speed and moves and if he gets through the line LB's are going to have a problem with him. Webb has also put on more muscle and I think Napier will find in fall practice that he has a 4 back rotation to work with. But Etienne should lead the way, JMO.