• We've made some major changes! Be sure to read this thread in order to get everything moved over.

Behind the Scenes: Insider tidbits on Florida’s offseason workout program

GatorDMD

Premium Member
May 9, 2023
All of you writers do this every year.

You spoon feed us fluff about how great we're going to be to get us to buy subscriptions and pump us up for us to be let down.

Here is how the OL looks from instagram. We aren't in great shape.

1000009264.jpg

Mark Wheeler

Publisher
Staff member
Premium Member
Apr 26, 2023
Gainesville
insidethegators.com
I understand completely.

I disregard pretty much anything a player has to say about a coach or the program when asked in a press conference setting.

I mean, how many had bad things to say about Hocke's S&C program this time last year?

None.

In this instance, the person could have just as easily made negative remarks knowing that they were anonymous. They didn't do that though.

And, to be clear, I don't believe I am the sunshine pumper type.

We try to be balanced, reporting both good and bad depending on what is out there. We don't filter it one way or the other to try to sway things.

JayM

Premium Member
May 8, 2023
I'm liking what I'm hearing. One potential upside for us is better culture in year 3, fewer kids who don't want to be here. We need a nice bump in this regard to help with 2024 season.

Seems like a lot S&C guys are rah rah, high energy guys but to my taste that kind of leadership doesn't stand the test of time. You can only take so much of that and I think guys tune it out eventually, sooner or later. I rather have steady task master. When raises his voice it will be for a reason and it will he heard.

BD489

Premium Member
May 8, 2023

You spoon feed us fluff about how great we're going to be to get us to buy subscriptions and pump us up for us to be let down.

View attachment 535
The S&C program couldn’t have produced any worse results than last year….so anything should be better news now.

Gatlin Gator

May 12, 2023

View attachment 535
Have you been reading these all these years?

They're brutally honest.

I can't read this one but if they say something really positive I take that as really good news.