Four-star defensive tackle visiting Florida

598 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by upstateg8tor
Mark Wheeler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Victory Vaka:

SFFLORIDAFAN
I see our coaches didn't learn their lesson before and now they're playing around in Cali again.

They can get all the d-line we need in F-L-A this year.
Mark Wheeler
Staff
While I was completely against Florida going all-in on California two cycles ago, there is nothing at all wrong with trying to cherry pick from schools outside UF's immediate primary recruiting area.
Graylon
I would agree with you if we didn't have Georgia coming in and raiding the state. I believe you have to lock down your own home ground before you start cherry-picking other states, especially, California A place where we have not been very successful.
upstateg8tor
That is such a defeatist train of thought.

If you want to have a recruiting brand on the same level as UGA, Bama and Clemson then you need to step outside your comfort zone. Mullen has done a terrific job of reestablishing relationships with HS programs within the state. But you can't just limit yourself to FL. I thought the gamble 2 cycles ago was wildly overstated. Did it sting when we came up empty? Yes, but it didn't set us back instate like many seem to think it did. If anything, I appreciated his aggressiveness to at least give it a shot.
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.