Strong visited Alabama

546 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by Romeg8r
Mark Wheeler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
deathtostatic
Reports of his joining our staff were greatly exaggerated?
JawGator84
deathtostatic said:

Reports of his joining our staff were greatly exaggerated?
Yup...The power of Twitter
Romeg8r
If he accepts the same type position we are offering at Alabama I'm not sure you ever bring him back to Florida.
Mark Wheeler
Staff
It looks like it is happening.

Mark Wheeler
Staff
Romeg8r said:

If he accepts the same type position we are offering at Alabama I'm not sure you ever bring him back to Florida.
I don't know about the pay, but I doubt any difference would really matter to someone who has been a head coach at three stops and the money he has made at those stops.

However, perhaps he feels the best career path going forward is under Saban.

Could anyone really argue otherwise when you see the number of assistants Saban has sent on to bigger jobs?
Romeg8r
That's fine but he has chosen his path. He'll never be a head coach at Florida and after this I see no reason to bring him in for any assistant position
Titletown
Romeg8r said:

That's fine but he has chosen his path. He'll never be a head coach at Florida and after this I see no reason to bring him in for any assistant position

He was never going to be the head coach at Florida anyway. He failed at his last two head coaching gigs.
Romeg8r
Titletown said:

Romeg8r said:

He was never going to be the head coach at Florida anyway. He failed at his last two head coaching gigs.

Exactly, that's my point, I used to consider him a candidate to be head coach at Florida at some later date. It's become clear he's not that level of a coach. He could have become part of the program and possibly DC if Grantham gets a head coaching job. He chose to go work for a rival instead. If I were AD I'd oppose any future offers
Page 1 of 1

Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.