Offensive lineman Pitts announces for Florida

1,030 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Rroyce
Mark Wheeler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Gainesville (Fla.) Buchholz offensive lineman Mark Pitts decommitted from UCF yesterday and announced for Florida this morning via Twitter.

A couple of things here:

* As we reported in our Insider Recruiting Notebook, we were told about 10 days ago that Marcus Dumervil made a silent commitment elsewhere
* We were told that UF made a run at Marlon Martinez last week, but couldn't get him in
* I was told that Wardrick Wilson met with admissions last week, but still hadn't heard word. Could this have to do with him as well?
* I've seen Pitts at a few Florida camps, what mostly stood out was his size
* Pitts plays high school ball with John Hevesy's son Jack
From the Swamp
He is lower rated than our other OL commits. Is he on scholarship or walking on?

Are we going to have any chance at any of the UGA OL commits since their coach left?
Mark Wheeler
Staff
I don't know. I would assume a preferred walk-on, but then again, though it happens, not many give up a full scholarship to a DI program to walk-on at another.
Bd489
I don't understand why we can't land higher rated lineman. It's clearly a position of need.
Rroyce
^ totally agree.
Page 1 of 1

Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.