How long before we are in the CFP?

890 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by BeardedGator
UFChad14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I don't think we will be better next year because we are losing too much on defense and all of our good receivers on offense.

When will we be ready to be a CFP top 4?

2021? Later than that?
chrisortega1096
How long do you want to ignore this user?
When Florida has a good offensive line and Mullen doesn't have to cut half his playbook to field his offense.
Jtkeat18
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I expect us to be better next year. If Fromm goes pro we beat UGA and play for the SEC. Not sure if we will be playoff worthy in 2020 but yeah 2021 with Emory should be special.

I see us getting better simply because Trask will have a second year as the starter and the online should improve. Still have play makers at WR and TE and defense should reload with Cox at the buck and Carter at DE. Everyone else returns besides Henderson. 2020 should be fun.
chrisortega1096
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I don't believe Fromm is the focal point of this UGA team. His absence won't affect this team much more than changing the number and last name on the back of next year's quarterback's jersey. Unless their defense suffers a mass exodus to next year's draft, I see Georgia as a tough opponent to beat next year.

UF had the misfortune of their worst position group is one of the toughest to develop. Sure, the o-line should improve next year, but that's not saying much when compared to this year's performance. Issiah Walker alone can't fix that unit. Then there's the fact that we haven't seen Kyle Trask perform with less skill position players. UF doesn't have many talented players to fill the gaps they are facing at receiver, and their running back depth is thin. I project 2021 as the period Florida can enter the contention conversation if they nail next year's recruiting class.
BeardedGator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
UFChad14 said:

I don't think we will be better next year because we are losing too much on defense and all of our good receivers on offense.

When will we be ready to be a CFP top 4?



2021? Later than that?


Who are we losing on defense that isnt going to be replaced by equal or greater talent?
ChicagoGator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Next year's team will be similar to this year's in my opinion. However, I think they may have a better record due to an easier schedule. I'm not trying to blow smoke, but 11-1 or 12-0 is realistic next year. I don't think LSU will be as good because Burrow is gone and maybe Joe Brady too.

I'm not predicting that we make the playoffs next year, just saying they probably have a better chance than they did this year.
BeardedGator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ChicagoGator said:

Next year's team will be similar to this year's in my opinion. However, I think they may have a better record due to an easier schedule. I'm not trying to blow smoke, but 11-1 or 12-0 is realistic next year. I don't think LSU will be as good because Burrow is gone and maybe Joe Brady too.

I'm not predicting that we make the playoffs next year, just saying they probably have a better chance than they did this year.


I dont see the attrition on Defense being an issue, the success of next years team will hinge on offensive line development/production and who is going to step up in the recieving corps.
jshuajaksnUF10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Exactly, well said.
SORT14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
UF's schedule next year is favorable. The overall talent is increasing and our offensive line shouldn't (can't) be worse in run blocking. Our defense will have no exceptional drop off. Right now, I think we make the SECG next year and the playoffs the following year. Florida is becoming a very good team. Just need to address the depth issue.
From the Swamp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BeardedGator said:

ChicagoGator said:

Next year's team will be similar to this year's in my opinion. However, I think they may have a better record due to an easier schedule. I'm not trying to blow smoke, but 11-1 or 12-0 is realistic next year. I don't think LSU will be as good because Burrow is gone and maybe Joe Brady too.

I'm not predicting that we make the playoffs next year, just saying they probably have a better chance than they did this year.


I dont see the attrition on Defense being an issue, the success of next years team will hinge on offensive line development/production and who is going to step up in the recieving corps.
You don't think losing Greenard, Zuniga, Reese, Henderson and maybe Wilson as an issue?
ChicagoGator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
From the Swamp said:

BeardedGator said:

ChicagoGator said:

Next year's team will be similar to this year's in my opinion. However, I think they may have a better record due to an easier schedule. I'm not trying to blow smoke, but 11-1 or 12-0 is realistic next year. I don't think LSU will be as good because Burrow is gone and maybe Joe Brady too.

I'm not predicting that we make the playoffs next year, just saying they probably have a better chance than they did this year.


I dont see the attrition on Defense being an issue, the success of next years team will hinge on offensive line development/production and who is going to step up in the recieving corps.
You don't think losing Greenard, Zuniga, Reese, Henderson and maybe Wilson as an issue?
It's certainly an issue, but they are starting to get to the point where they can reload on defense. Diabete will be a stud and hopefully Cox is as good as advertised. On the outside, I think Dean will have a better year solely playing DB and trust that the younger guys (Elam, Kimbrough, Hill) will step up.

Also have to imagine there will be interest from grad transfers after seeing what Greenard did.
BeardedGator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
From the Swamp said:

BeardedGator said:

ChicagoGator said:

Next year's team will be similar to this year's in my opinion. However, I think they may have a better record due to an easier schedule. I'm not trying to blow smoke, but 11-1 or 12-0 is realistic next year. I don't think LSU will be as good because Burrow is gone and maybe Joe Brady too.

I'm not predicting that we make the playoffs next year, just saying they probably have a better chance than they did this year.


I dont see the attrition on Defense being an issue, the success of next years team will hinge on offensive line development/production and who is going to step up in the recieving corps.
You don't think losing Greenard, Zuniga, Reese, Henderson and maybe Wilson as an issue?


What ever did happen when we lost Wilson and Teez, Hargreaves, Louchiez and Roberson etc. Next guys up are ready to play. As mentioned before we have depth and talent at the positions of attrition on defense. Educate yourself on the roster and relax!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.