Updates as Florida coaches are on the road (12/1-12/7)

5,012 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Mark Wheeler
Mark Wheeler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Florida coaches have hit the road as we are at the beginning of a two week contact period. I have sent out over 100 messages to prospects, and I'll post what is going on in this thread as they respond.
Mark Wheeler
Staff
Running back target Jalen White out of Alabama visited Florida a couple of weeks ago, but the Gators haven't offered. He said that UF running back coach Greg Knox is set to visit him at 2:00 this afternoon at school.
Mark Wheeler
Staff
Florida commit Jonathan Odom said that Dan Mullen and Larry Scott will visit him Thursday at home.

Richie Leonard posted a photo of Florida visiting him at school:

Mark Wheeler
Staff
Tight end Dee Beckwith just finished meeting with Larry Scott at school and said that both Tennessee and Kentucky coaches have told him they will be in this week.
Mark Wheeler
Staff
Defensive tackle/Offensive guard Jayson Jones said that he is unsure of any coaching visits this week.

Brian Johnson has already been by the school to check in on commit Issiah Walker and according to Walker, a couple of other Florida coaches will see him later on. (UPDATE: Walker said John Hevesy is coming later)

Dan Mullen and Hevesy are both scheduled to check in on offensive line commit Gerald Mincey on Tuesday.

Mark Wheeler
Staff
Commit Trevon Johnson said that he will have an in-home Monday night with Florida.

As an example of why we all love recruiting. Speedster Arian Smith told me back in August that Florida was a definite in his final three. About 10 days ago he told me his three were Alabama, Clemson and Georgia. Today he told me that Larry Scott is scheduled to see him later this week and Dan Mullen may join him.

He possesses the kind of speed Florida is missing on offense.
Mark Wheeler
Staff
Anthony Richardson said that Brian Johnson had an in-home visit with him on Sunday.
Mark Wheeler
Staff
Christian Robinson and Ron English will visit with commit Rashad Torrence II on Thursday and then Dan Mullen will go in-home next Tuesday.

Avantae Williams said that he is currently unsure of any coaches stopping by this week.

I have been told that UF will see Gervon Dexter on Wednesday and that Georgia is trying to set something up for Thursday before he officially visits Florida this coming weekend. I DM'ed Dexter for the latest, but he has yet to reply.
G8rJD
You think we have a shot at Arian Smith?
JD
Mark Wheeler
Staff
G8rJD said:

Absolutely.
G8rJD
He's very interested in track and I can't imagine a better fit than UF
JD
Mark Wheeler
Staff
Commit Marc Britt said that Brian Johnson will be at his house tonight.
ChicagoGator
Do we have a realistic shot at Darnell Washington? I haven't heard his name mentioned in a few weeks.
Mark Wheeler
Staff
Defensive line commit Antwaun Powell Just told me that Todd Grantham will be by his school tomorrow (Tuesday).
Mark Wheeler
Staff
Mark Wheeler
Staff
Mark Wheeler
Staff
Mark Wheeler
Staff
Mark Wheeler
Staff
South Carolina was in to see Jaheim Bell today and Florida State is due in. According to his mother, Florida hasn't said if they are visiting and an official visit to Florida hasn't been set up as of yet.
Mark Wheeler
Staff
ChicagoGator said:

Do we have a realistic shot at Darnell Washington? I haven't heard his name mentioned in a few weeks.
He is hard to get anything from. Immediately after his Florida official, I would say UF was realistically in there. I wouldn't venture a guess though right now.
G8rJD
We gave up on Bell or is the interest gone on his part?
JD
Mark Wheeler
Staff
G8rJD said:

We gave up on Bell or is the interest gone on his part?
If UF doesn't go see him, that would be an indication that they aren't as interested. If they go, they are still in it. His mother said the weekend trip to Gainesville went well.
Flavorgator39
Any update on Dexter and the pursuit by Georgia?
Mark Wheeler
Staff
Florida's Torian Gray will visit Avery Helm at school Thursday during the day and then return that evening for an in-home visit.
Mark Wheeler
Staff
Donell Harris told me that Texas A&M coaches visited him yesterday and Brian Johnson is scheduled to have as in-home visit on Thursday.
Mark Wheeler
Staff
A quartet of Florida coaches visited linebacker commit Derek Wingo today at school. It was Dan Mullen, John Hevesy, Billy Gonzales and Christian Robinson. That is Gonzales' area school, so I can see why he was there (doesn't mean he was trying to see receivers), but Hevesy being there is interesting - considering what we were told about Marcus Dumervil in our last Insider Recruiting Notes

He will take his UF official visit this weekend and then Todd Grantham is scheduled to visit with him again next week.
Mark Wheeler
Staff
David Turner went to see defensive end Princely Umanmielen at school today.

Mark Wheeler
Staff
Florida defensive tackle commit Lamar Goods said that he expects Florida to visit him this week, but he isn't sure of the date or the coach who will be there.
Mark Wheeler
Staff
Mark Wheeler
Staff
Swamp_Thing
G8rJD said:

He wants to join his track buddy at UGA.
Swamp_Thing
Flavorgator39 said:

Any update on Dexter and the pursuit by Georgia?

UGA has an in home scheduled for Friday.
G8rJD
He wavering or naw?
JD
peanut46
Any real shot at Gibbs?
G8rJD
About the same as GT unless he's dead set on staying home or sharing time with all the 5*s at UGA
JD
Page 1 of 2

Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.