Trask should be in the Heisman conversation

522 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 20 days ago by 2019GatorChamps
Titletown
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If Clemson's Lawrence is in the Heisman race then Trask should be too.

Trask has as good of stats in less games.

Trevor Lawrence: 1534 yards, 14 TD, 8 INT. 63.7%, QBR 78.9 [13th] (7 starts)

Kyle Trask: 1391 yards, 14 TD, 4 INT, 67.5%, QBR 80 [10th] (5 Starts)
G8rJD
Anyone that watches Gator football knows that we wouldn't be 7-1 right now without Trask at the helm...if we can get to Atlanta it's gonna be a Cinderella story like no other
JD
ChicagoGator
I don't think Lawrence is in the Heisman conversation. While I agree he is playing very well for us and likely the reason for our 7-1 record, he is not quite on a Tua level. Think he has a real shot next year as long as our entire receiving corps doesn't leave.
JawGator84
Heisman award is the most overrated award in sports...This is funny tho...No one is talking about Lawernce being in the heisman...it's between Burrow, Hurts, and tua...winner of Bama/LSU is in the driver seat for heisman
GatorDMD
ChicagoGator said:

I don't think Lawrence is in the Heisman conversation. While I agree he is playing very well for us and likely the reason for our 7-1 record, he is not quite on a Tua level. Think he has a real shot next year as long as our entire receiving corps doesn't leave.
This is what I was going to say. It doesn't do any good to compare him to Lawrence when Lawrence isn't in the Heisman race either.

Compare him to Hurts.
Swamp_Thing
Jesus... seriously?!
jshuajaksnUF10
Romeg8r
He barely played in the first three games
gatorlover1996
And, 4 or 5 turnovers from fumbling. And, 2 lucky int were canceled by the refs. Come on, man. More fumbles in 3 games than anyone in Gator history.
Mark Wheeler
Staff
He has done much better than expected, and if UF wins out in the regular season and he throws four touchdowns a game, then you can add his name into the mix. But not right now.
2019GatorChamps
They kept Lawrence in the conversation after a few games until his interceptions and bad plays took him out. Trask has done what Franks couldn't and we wouldn't be 7-1 without him. BUT, to BEAT Georgia we are going g to have to control the LOS on both sides of the ball and hold their run game to the 150 yard range.
Page 1 of 1

Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.