Last nights game

284 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Bd489
Bd489
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think we learned a lot about our team. Passing game looked good, run game was gimmicky to manufacture yards which is fine. Defense had an outing I never expected. Burrow is good, but I didnt think he would pick apart our secondary like that. The talent gap was exposed late as happened against Georgia last season.
HOWEVER-if you were told after the first possession of the second half we would have 28 points against LSU in a night game at Death Valley, could you imagine a scenario where we lost? That's an incredible offensive first half and we gave ourselves a shot to win. Sucks to lose as always, but in year 2 when recruiting hasn't caught up yet, Mullen continues to show he is a great coach. Hopefully the offense can continue like that against South Carolina as it appears our 2 outstanding defensive ends could be out a few weeks.
Gatormoc
2 DE's...that's where recruiting hasn't caught up. Like a lot of teams, when starters are healthy, we are competitive.
Bd489
Safety has been an issue and qualify depth along the defensive line. Offensive line as well. That wasn't the point of my commentary but it was noticeable the 5 stars of LSU vs the 4 and 3 stars of Florida late in the game.
Page 1 of 1

Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.