What is your favorite UF-LSU memory?

282 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 7 days ago by Gator5000e
Ethan Hughes
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
You certainly have a lot to choose from, including Tebow's first jump pass, the 51-21 beatdown in 2008, the 14-6 win in 2012, the goal-line stand and Brad Stewart's pick-six. Which is your favorite and why? I'd have to go with the 2006 game. Tebow dragged Laron Landry for about 15 yards and then threw a jump pass. It marked the arrival of one of the greatest careers in college sports history.
ChicagoGator
A few that come to mind:
  • Goal line stop to seal the win @ LSU in 2016 after the hurricane drama
  • Brad Stewart pick 6 last year
  • Matt Elam's unbelievable strip and recovery on Odell Beckham in 2012

There's at least 5-10 other plays I could come up with but had to draw the line somewhere
Kevin Lomax 1993
There's all the obvious ones that have already been stated, but personally, one of my favorites was 2009 game. I was in Biloxi, MS for training, and I went to a Hooters to watch the game. It was a night game (at LSU), and I was pretty much the only Gator in there. The defense completely shut them down that night.
"Are we negotiating?"

"Always."
Graylon
My favorite LSU/Florida game was when Rex Grossman went into Baton Rouge in 2001 and threw for over 300 yards in the first half against Saban
TXGator
Easy - my only visit to Tiger Stadium was the 100th year of Tiger football. SOS and the 1993 team silence the crowd with their worst nightmare 58-3 (and it wasn't that close)
G8rJD
09' and 16' games were my favorites but the pick six last year was an easy 3rd favorite
JD
Ethan Hughes
Staff
G8rJD said:

09' and 16' games were my favorites but the pick six last year was an easy 3rd favorite
Other than the uncertainty with Tebow coming off of a concussion, what was exciting about the '09 game?
G8rJD
Just the amazing defense on both sides...I loved the auburn game I'm not too interested in big 12 type games
JD
Gator5000e
Not sure it's my favorite but sure is classic.

Page 1 of 1

Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.