Thoughts about quarterback play now and then

308 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by Flavorgator39
ChuckieSquad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ok this is just my opinion but. I think if we look back at the QB's at UF the like of Shane Matthews, Chris Leak, Danny W, and Tim Tebow..... Most of us got use to the great playing of these players and want that every year... Listen it's not gonna happen each year. FF was highly recruited was expecting him to show out and put up good numbers and he failed to do so. Then his second year numbers came up little but by far what we as fans like to see our team do, FF will be even better this year, Coach Mullen is a great QB coach. He has had some good ones under him already, Alex Smith, Dak Prescott, oh also had Tim Tebow. So let's as fans stop and think about that....... And also think about this too... FF has a mom and dad would you want to be saying some of the things you are hearing and saying about him????? Prolly not.... Let's all root for the Gators loud each and ever week no matter what. In All Kinds of Weather.
ChuckieSquad
gator rising
Good take on our quarterbacks.

The thing I think that set them apart in the past was the coaching and the offense. If he was born 15 years earlier and you put Franks in Spurrier's F&G he would put up big numbers because it wasn't that those quarterbacks were great, it is that they played in a great system.
Dan the Man
gator rising said:

Good take on our quarterbacks.

The thing I think that set them apart in the past was the coaching and the offense. If he was born 15 years earlier and you put Franks in Spurrier's F&G he would put up big numbers because it wasn't that those quarterbacks were great, it is that they played in a great system.

SOS wouldn't put up with Franks. Did you see his reaction after he threw the pick in the Miami game.
Swamp_Thing
ChuckieSquad said:

Ok this is just my opinion but. I think if we look back at the QB's at UF the like of Shane Matthews, Chris Leak, Danny W, and Tim Tebow..... Most of us got use to the great playing of these players and want that every year... Listen it's not gonna happen each year. FF was highly recruited was expecting him to show out and put up good numbers and he failed to do so. Then his second year numbers came up little but by far what we as fans like to see our team do, FF will be even better this year, Coach Mullen is a great QB coach. He has had some good ones under him already, Alex Smith, Dak Prescott, oh also had Tim Tebow. So let's as fans stop and think about that....... And also think about this too... FF has a mom and dad would you want to be saying some of the things you are hearing and saying about him????? Prolly not.... Let's all root for the Gators loud each and ever week no matter what. In All Kinds of Weather.

Why? Because we're a lesser program? Look at the championship programs, they have very good to great QB play year in and year out.
Flavorgator39
Though we've had great qb's here at Florida, we've also had great qb coaches as well. Spurrier took Noah Brindise and made him a capable qb. I know franks is a knuckle head. But had he not acted like a fool against Miami I think everyone would be singing his praise. Mullen knows how to get him game ready. I think he'll do just fine going forward.
Page 1 of 1

Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.