What do you do to replace Henderson this weekend?

613 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by BeardedGator
Mark Wheeler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
With CJ Henderson being doubtful this weekend against Kentucky - while keeping in mind UK's starting quarterback is out - what do you do to replace him?

Do you let one of the trio of true freshmen (Elam, Kimbrough or Hill) step up and play that outside corner position. Or, do you move Trey Dean from covering the slot to outside and put one of the freshmen, or even Amari Burney at Star?

This is where still having John Huggins would have come in handy.
Jtkeat18
I think you put Dean out there at CB and Burney at star. Even though we are playing Kentucky without their starting QB this game is too important and freshmen will always make freshmen mistakes. But if we get a good lead we need to rotate those freshmen in so they continue to get game reps.

Swamp_Thing
Mark Wheeler said:

With CJ Henderson being doubtful this weekend against Kentucky - while keeping in mind UK's starting quarterback is out - what do you do to replace him?

Do you let one of the trio of true freshmen (Elam, Kimbrough or Hill) step up and play that outside corner position. Or, do you move Trey Dean from covering the slot to outside and put one of the freshmen, or even Amari Burney at Star?

This is where still having John Huggins would have come in handy.
I would try Elam or Kimbrough out there initially. It looks like Stewart will be back so I like Davis and Stewart at S. If the freshmen are getting worked then slide Dean over and put burney at the star. I honestly wouldn't mind seeing Burney try out S.
JosephDLara
Intern
I liked Elam from his reps on Saturday. I would try him out there at CB now that we're in SEC play but not going against the biggest names on our schedule.
Flavorgator39
Elam. He's going to have to play in big games this year at critical times. Might as well let him cut his teeth against a mediocre sec team missing there starting qb. I think he'll handle it well.
Ethan Hughes
Staff
I think they'll give Kimbrough and/or Elam the first crack at it and move Dean out there only if they need to. You've got to get them ready to play for next season, and this game is a perfect opportunity to do so. They'll get the SEC experience, but they'll do so against a team that should struggle to throw the ball.
stevenwalker7
JosephDLara said:

I liked Elam from his reps on Saturday. I would try him out there at CB now that we're in SEC play but not going against the biggest names on our schedule.

I agree with this. People get better with better competition.
BeardedGator
No different than when Wilson went down last year and Trey Dean filled in. Roll out Elam, he will fill in fine until CJ gets back 100%. Luckily its UK without their starting QB and UT is trash giving CJ some time to heal up.
Page 1 of 1

Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.