Recruiting question?

Flavorgator39
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looking back at our 2019 class, with the loss of steele, Jones and the inability to report for the few others, where would this actually put us in the final 2019 rankings?
G8rJD
Somewhere in the 15-20 range
Flavorgator39
Thank you. I was guessing much lower then that. But I don't follow recruiting close till February.
ChicagoGator
However, we also aren't the only team to have lost recruits. Really hard to look at it on an apple-to-apples basis unless you are going to go adjust every other team's ranking. I concede that we have likely had departures on a larger scale compared to other programs in 2019 though.

People could also go back to Georgia's 2018 class and say they've lost Fields, Cox, Ford and maybe some others. The reality is that as long as you can continuously rank in the top 10 every year, you will have the depth to account for these losses.
Ethan Hughes
Staff
If you're going to subtract those guys, it would only be fair to add Cox and possibly Kelvin Joseph as well before you reassess the class.
G8rJD
You can judge it by points though...that's the way the classes are weighted and you can add and subtract whatever you want...it's how the can project rankings with mock classes
Flavorgator39
Would you not include greenard due to him not being in that class? Or would you since he technically enrolled at UF as a new player this year?
Ethan Hughes
Staff
Flavorgator39 said:

Would you not include greenard due to him not being in that class? Or would you since he technically enrolled at UF as a new player this year?
I'm counting everybody that came to UF as part of the class for ranking purposes. With the portal being as big a deal as it is, does it really matter all that much where you get players from anymore? You basically build your team year-to-year now instead of three to four years down the road.
Bd489
To me there is a difference between kids that never played a down for your team and kids that transferred after playing for a school. And those kids come here currently due to the inability to have Uber talented depth at their respective positions. Double edge sword.
Flavorgator39
I agree. I put a premium on kids that are recruited out of high school. We've been fortunate to get transfers with little baggage and decent/good talent. But at the end of the day I have a hard time counting the kids coming in off the transfer portal.
Romeg8r
Except other teams lose signees too.
Bd489
How many have we lost this year that were 4-5 stars that never played a down of football versus what other teams endure? Transferring after they have been on campus for a year versus our never played a down has to be different. First class we took Watkins, Huggins is gone and it seems like we only kicked him off the team because we got caught... Jones, Steele, Henderson won't play for us (Henderson seems like he won't qualify). Wilson is an exception as immigration issues are never foreseen. Just seems like Mullen's recruiting flaws are trying to be overcome with long shots. Maybe I'm wrong, who knows.
Bill Sikes
Subtracting Jones, Steele, Hammond, Black, and Henderson, then adding players of identical value to Cox and Greenard puts the class at 13th nationally and 7th in the SEC. That is bad.
I'm just a rando fan...
ChicagoGator
Did I miss news on Henderson? Thought he was going to make it in.
Flavorgator39
It doesn't look promising for him to be on campus this year. That's just a assumption, but there's nothing really to discredit that assumption.
Page 1 of 1

Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.