Sunday Scrimmage Notes

4,650 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Flavorgator39
Mark Wheeler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
GET THE $1 SNEAK PEEK PREVIEW OF THE SITE

I was told that once again Feleipe Franks 'balled out.'

There were no interceptions thrown by any of the three quarterbacks.

Emory Jones made his big plays running the ball.

Freddie Swain, Josh Hammond, Lamical Perine and Tyrie Cleveland all scored touchdowns.

Dameon Pierce had several big runs.

Jabari Zuniga, Jon Greenard and the new guy Brenton Cox all had sacks.

Guards Brent Heggie and Chris Bleich looked the best along the starting offensive line, but the entire group had a solid day.

I was told that the offensive line looked better tonight than they did in the first scrimmage.

When I asked who the standout was on defense, the reply was CJ Henderson.

I'll keep adding notes as I find out more.

-----
Fun & Gun
If you think about it this might be the best defense and secondary Franks sees this year. If he can do it against them he can do it against Georgia, FSU, Auburn and LSU.

I think he can be a Heisman candidate. I don't mean win it but be a player who is talked about for the award.

Good update from the practice. Thank you your site has been great.
Romeg8r
Sounds promising
JawGator84
It makes me wonder how much of this is actually true and how much is a control leak by CDM to get fans excited for the season..
Eric-UF
Fun & Gun said:

If you think about it this might be the best defense and secondary Franks sees this year. If he can do it against them he can do it against Georgia, FSU, Auburn and LSU.

I think he can be a Heisman candidate. I don't mean win it but be a player who is talked about for the award.

Good update from the practice. Thank you your site has been great.
I hope you are right...but from what I have read elsewhere the offense did well mostly because the first string defense was not playing much.
---Go Gators!
ChicagoGator
I think Auburn will be the best defense he faces this year. Will need a lot of screen passes against that defensive line.

Any word on how Ethan White has been playing? Read a couple weeks ago he may get some PT.
Flavorgator39
Sounds like there was a fair amount of 1's vs 1's in the scrimmage. Hopefully the hype surrounding franks is real. I'd love nothing more then seeing him sling the pigskin around like we're on the fun and gun again!
Page 1 of 1

Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.