Gators get 2021 quarterback

1,723 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Swamp_Thing
Jackson Ramer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Eric-UF
He is not an elite passer, but he has the athledism and physicality that Mullen likes.

I still think, for the 2021 class, Mullen needs a more elite prospect...this isnt MSU, we shouldn't have to find diamonds in the rough.

If Malzahn is able to land highly rated 4 star talents with no record of being able to develop a quarterback (and evidence that his QBs regress in year 2 under him) then I dont understand why Mullen is struggling to land a marquee QB...
---Go Gators!
Ethan Hughes
Staff
Eric-UF said:

He is not an elite passer, but he has the athledism and physicality that Mullen likes.

I still think, for the 2021 class, Mullen needs a more elite prospect...this isnt MSU, we shouldn't have to find diamonds in the rough.

If Malzahn is able to land highly rated 4 star talents with no record of being able to develop a quarterback (and evidence that his QBs regress in year 2 under him) then I dont understand why Mullen is struggling to land a marquee QB...
I wouldn't consider Del Rio a diamond in the rough. He's ranked in the top-300. It's not like at Mississippi State when Mullen signed Nick Fitzgerald, who was ranked in the 1000s. Del Rio might not be elite, but he's not a huge project guy either.
JawGator84
2021...He will be decommitting before the end of the year (JUST part of recruiting)
Mark Wheeler
Staff
JawGator84 said:

2021...He will be decommitting before the end of the year (JUST part of recruiting)

He loves Johnson and Mullen, and I actually asked Carlos Del Rio about this today, what happens if Georgia comes calling. He said there's no worry because they aren't recruiting him. I said what if. He shot down the notion.
Eric-UF
Ethan Hughes said:

Eric-UF said:

I wouldn't consider Del Rio a diamond in the rough. He's ranked in the top-300. It's not like at Mississippi State when Mullen signed Nick Fitzgerald, who was ranked in the 1000s. Del Rio might not be elite, but he's not a huge project guy either.

Completely agree...and still surprised that we cannot get someone better given Mullens record with QBs...
---Go Gators!
upstateg8tor
Who is to say he won't be elite? He just finished his Sophomore year. He's ranked about where Carson Beck was a year ago... and Fields wasn't even ranked at all at this stage. The tape looks pretty damn good to me.
Romeg8r
I'd at least wait until he plays his junior year in high school before we call him a project.
Swamp_Thing
Eric-UF said:

Curious as to what you're basing his athleticism on?
upstateg8tor
This is the bi-polar problem, Perine referenced in Hoover. The same people that were gushing about Mullen & staff on their recruiting when the Wingo story was posted 3 weeks ago ...are now *****ing about the 12th ranked QB that just committed who still has 2 full years of HS left.
Mark Wheeler
Staff
I have to give Jackson credit, he called this earlier in the day, and I didn't think it would so soon.

Jackson was all over it, and even followed Del Rio the most during the camp.
G8rJD
The only thing worse about recruiting than the Prima Donna kids are judgy complaining adults *****ing about the decisions made by 16-18 year old kids...other than that I love the updates and stories
Swamp_Thing
upstateg8tor said:

This is the bi-polar problem, Perine referenced in Hoover. The same people that were gushing about Mullen & staff on their recruiting when the Wingo story was posted 3 weeks ago ...are now *****ing about the 12th ranked QB that just committed who still has 2 full years of HS left.

You feel better? FYI he's the 12th ranked Pro style QB, 20th ranked QB.
upstateg8tor
You know that's what I meant chief.
You don't fall on the bi-polar side anyway ...so my comment wasn't directed toward you. You're pretty much down all the time. So it's more like clinical depression or something else.
Swamp_Thing
upstateg8tor said:

You know that's what I meant chief.
You don't fall on the bi-polar side anyway ...so my comment wasn't directed toward you. You're pretty much down all the time. So it's more like clinical depression or something else.

That your professional medical opinion?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.