WCC Insider: The latest as the 2019 signees report for Summer B

9,517 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Mark Wheeler
Mark Wheeler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
The remaining members of the Class of 2019 are scheduled to report to campus on Wednesday to go through orientation before classes begin on Monday.

From what we have been told...

* Tight end Keon Zipperer will report tomorrow.

* I was told that offensive lineman Wardrick Wilson will not report on Wednesday as he waits to get his Visa on Friday.

* Wide receiver Arjei Henderson won't be reporting this week. He has some family matters to take care of, but with drop/add on the 3rd, you would think it has to be taken care of sooner rather than later.

* Defensive lineman Jaelin Humphries will be in tomorrow.

* The other one we are waiting to hear word on is Deyavie Hammond. He told me at the spring game he was good to go. His inclusion here doesn't mean he isn't, it means I haven't heard one way or the other.

I don't believe there were any questions surrounding the remaining signees.

UPDATED THURSDAY 1:30 P.M.
Well, other then the six I listed, I should have been tracking wide out Dionte Marks as well. He also wasn't able to report with his fellow 2019 signees on Wednesday. His situation heading into the fall is still unclear. He could still arrive sometime in July, but not likely before the drop/add next week.

However, then there's offensive lineman Deyavie Hammond, who also didn't report yesterday. It is looking more and more like he will either have to make up some credits in prep school, which could see him back in Gainesville at the start of next year. Or, he will have to head to JUCO and then it will be a two year wait, with no guarantee that he makes it back at all

UPDATED THURSDAY 3:15 P.M.
I was told that Dionte Marks is awaiting test results and the earliest he will get them will be the week of July 8, meaning he won't make the Summer B deadline. However, judging by past cases, he can still go to Gainesville, but he won't be able to take part in team activities until fall ball. He would have to work out on his own until then.

UPDATED SUNDAY 2:40 P.M.
The last update I got on Friday is that after sitting in there waiting for hours, offensive line signee Wardrick Wilson was still waiting to get his visa. I was told today that he will report to Florida in the coming week for sure. With it being a visa issue, the drop/ad date may not be cut and dry as far as he is concerned.

That leaves Florida without Black, almost certainly without Hammond (though strange things happen) and still waiting on Marks (see update above) and Henderson (see update above).

UPDATED TUESDAY 10:25 P.M.
I was told that Wardrick Wilson didn't report today, which means he didn't make it in on time for drop/add this semester. Again, I was told it is immigration related, and doesn't have anything to do with his transcript.

UPDATED MONDAY 9:20 P.M.
Wide out Arjei Henderson of course didn't make it in for Summer B session but he told Inside the Gators (me) tonight via DM that he will arrive on campus in a few weeks in time for the start of fall practice.

I was also told this evening that Wardrick Wilson will be in as well. As we have reported since the beginning, it is a visa issue, and has nothing to do with grades. I was told that Florida has become involved in the process on his behalf. That being said, the person said it should be cleared up in a little while, but couldn't be specific because it is in the hand's of the government to give him clearance, not the NCAA.

When those two report, that leaves only wide out Dionte Marks, who should be getting his latest test results this week.
datvaboi
Vista? Do you mean visa? We really need Wardrick in the summer.
Mark Wheeler
Staff
I corrected the spelling. This is what happens when you're trying to drive and do updates.
G8rJD
Soooo Henderson might not be there n won't make it in at all? and ur waiting to hear about Hammond because he hasn't responded?....or he might not make it either?
JD
Jtkeat18
These are some studs. Hopefully Henderson is good to go. I'm excited to see him lining up next to Copeland with Emory at QB in 2020.... why does this feel like a pipe dream?

Mark Wheeler
Staff
G8rJD said:

Soooo Henderson might not be there n won't make it in at all? and ur waiting to hear about Hammond because he hasn't responded?....or he might not make it either?

There were six signees that we were keeping an eye on eligibility wise.

• Diwun Black
  • Deyvie Hammond
  • Wardrick Wilson
  • Arjie Henderson
  • Jealin Humphries
  • Keon Zipperer

We know Black didn't make it and that Zipperer and Humphries are scheduled to report tomorrow. I have been told that Wilson (paperwork) and Henderson (family matter) won't be in tomorrow.

I have no idea what is going on with Hammond. He told me at the spring game that he was good to go, and he might be. The fact that I don't know shouldn't be taken as a negative, it should be taken that I haven't been told anything about him yet.
G8rJD
Thank you for the clarification Mark
JD
Mark Wheeler
Staff
Lilgator
It's always some kind of paperwork thing with Wilson. He couldn't enroll early, then he couldn't roll for summer a, now this.

I think it is his grades and their using foreign student paper work as an excuse
Bill Sikes
Henderson is the one that caught my eye. They have to have this kid...
I'm just a rando fan...
Mark Wheeler
Staff
Updated...
Mark Wheeler
Staff
One more update...
Mark Wheeler
Staff
Another update...
Mark Wheeler
Staff
One more update...
OrangeandBlue
I don't understand. We lost Hammond and Black no matter what but did we lose the other ones or can they still be on the team this year?
Mark Wheeler
Staff
OrangeandBlue said:

I don't understand. We lost Hammond and Black no matter what but did we lose the other ones or can they still be on the team this year?

We are still waiting on word about Marks (waiting on test score), Wilson (immigration issue) and Henderson (said it was family matter to be taken care of, but realistically it was likely transcript related).

Mark Wheeler
Staff
Ethan Hughes
Of the three remaining signees not to enroll, how would you rank them in terms of how likely it is that they make it in? It seems like Wilson's just a matter of when, not if he'll get in. Is Marks the biggest concern?
Mark Wheeler
Staff
Wilson should, you would think, get this straightened out by fall camp.

The other two, who knows.
Mark Wheeler
Staff
One more update. Things are looking better for two of the three remaining signees.
Mark Wheeler
Staff
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.