Defensive tackle Jalen Lee to LSU

Mark Wheeler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Defensive tackle Jalen Lee visited UF for the spring game and then last week, but is staying home to play for LSU.
Eric-UF
Mark Wheeler said:

Defensive tackle Jalen Lee visited UF for the spring game and then last week, but is staying home to play for LSU.

Given our board for DT, do not think the staff will be losing sleep over this...Assuming they can pull in Good or Smith (and keep Dexter and Brown) that will be a VERY good class

• Gervon Dexter* - 6'6, 276 LBS from FL - 4* prospect with a 0.9775 rating as a DT
  • Timothy Smith - 6'4, 340 LBS from FL - 4* prospect with a 0.9384 rating as DT
  • Johnnie Brown* - 6'2, 250 LBS from FL - 4* prospect with a 0.9249 rating as a DT
  • Lamar Good - 6'4, 290 LBS from CT - 4* prospect with a 0.8960 rating as DT (Kentucky Commit)
  • Clyde Pinder - 6'1, 303 LBS from FL - 3* prospect with a 0.8899 rating as DT
  • Jalen Lee - 6'3, 285 LBS from LA - 3* prospect with a 0.8838 rating as DT
Mark Wheeler
Staff
They may lose a wink or two. They really liked Lee.

When LSU got the kid out of Alabama last night, my thought when I saw it was that it might help UF with Lee, but then he himself commits to LSU 12 hours later.

I love Dexter.

We'll see what happens with Smith.

Brown has size limitations. It will be interesting to see if he can get to 275-280.

I like Florida's chances with Good.

I haven't seen any of the in-state schools make a push for Pinder.
Bill Sikes
Dexter looks like a monster DE to me... like future top-10 pick. Brown looks likes a CeCe Jefferson type tweener, which isn't a good thing, but I may be wrong. Goods should give the staff a true DT, but they really need another, plus a Zuniga type DE. Right now I kinda think it'll be somebody like Branard Wright, and hopefully Zykevious Walker.
I'm just a rando fan...
Eric-UF
Bill Sikes said:

Dexter looks like a monster DE to me... like future top-10 pick. Brown looks likes a CeCe Jefferson type tweener, which isn't a good thing, but I may be wrong. Goods should give the staff a true DT, but they really need another, plus a Zuniga type DE. Right now I kinda think it'll be somebody like Branard Wright, and hopefully Zykevious Walker.
Do you think there is a chance Brown moves to LB or SDE and they bring in 2 other DT's like Smith and Goods?

He seems to be fast enough, though maybe not for a WR...

Bill Sikes
Eric-UF said:

Bill Sikes said:

Do you think there is a chance Brown moves to LB or SDE and they bring in 2 other DT's like Smith and Goods?

He seems to be fast enough, though maybe not for a WR...

I do think there's a chance Brown plays outside, rather than at DT. But you never know. If he can play with the extra weight, I'm all for it.
I'm just a rando fan...
Page 1 of 1

Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.