Recruit's mom said our camp is disorganized

1,170 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by UFgator52-20
1bigg8rindade
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Swamp and others have been saying that we aren't organized in recruiting.

A recruit's mom tweeted it out that she wished she wasn't at Florida because we were disorganized.

Bd489
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I hope Stricklin sees these things and steps in. If it's more support staff or whatever the issue, being disorganized isn't going to cut it in recruiting.
deathtostatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This stuff is so frustrating to hear. How can a coach known for being so detail oriented in his game planning allow this kind of disorganization to continue in the recruiting office?
Swamp_Thing
How long do you want to ignore this user?
More of the same. It's a joke at this point.
Mark Wheeler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
That isn't a good look, but she was already upset that Florida never offered her son. I've seen a couple examples of not having their ducks in a row, but I wouldn't consider this one of them.
Swamp_Thing
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mark Wheeler said:

That isn't a good look, but she was already upset that Florida never offered her son. I've seen a couple examples of not having their ducks in a row, but I wouldn't consider this one of them.


When you add this to all the staff issues, the constant talk of disorganization in the recruiting department, and zero momentum in recruiting, it adds up.
Eric-UF
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Swamp_Thing said:

Mark Wheeler said:

That isn't a good look, but she was already upset that Florida never offered her son. I've seen a couple examples of not having their ducks in a row, but I wouldn't consider this one of them.


When you add this to all the staff issues, the constant talk of disorganization in the recruiting department, and zero momentum in recruiting, it adds up.


They need to get the back office / off field recruiting staff fixed...no doubt about it.
gatorlover1996
How long do you want to ignore this user?
She seems upset. No offer for her kid. 2nd visit by the kid. If they were so disorganized, why did he come again? Sour grapes.
Eric-UF
How long do you want to ignore this user?
gatorlover1996 said:

She seems upset. No offer for her kid. 2nd visit by the kid. If they were so disorganized, why did he come again? Sour grapes.
Those are my thoughts....
Mark Wheeler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
gatorlover1996 said:

She seems upset. No offer for her kid. 2nd visit by the kid. If they were so disorganized, why did he come again? Sour grapes.
As I posted in the Insider Report from last weekend, Florida isn't recruiting her son, and she wasn't happy about that, so her calling the event unorganized isn't surprising.

However, that doesn't completely dismiss her her claims.

Maybe her son not being recruited by UF played a part in her unhappiness, but perhaps she legitimately saw it that way.

I will say that when a 2021 prospect arrived, he was told to go to the Heavener Complex to check in. When he arrived there he was told since he wasn't camping, he didn't have to check in could go straight to the IPF. When he got to the IPF he was told he had to go back to the Gator Room to check-in as an unofficial visitor.

This was on top of him sending me a message that they were having trouble finding a parking spot.

The goal of an unofficial visit is to make it as easy and thus enjoyable for a prospect as possible. Hell, at the very least have a cart on standby so he and his mother aren't walking all over campus (she declined to walk back with him from the IPF to the Heavener Complex, instead support staff member Kevin Camps walked with him).

Does that ruin an unofficial visit? Absolutely not. He still had a big smile on his face the entire time.

However, it certainly doesn't enhance it.

This type of confusion might be due in part to there being so much turnover in the recruiting office as I referenced in another thread.

Or, it could be that there are just so many kids on campus taking unofficial visits and camping on days like Friday that some will fall through the cracks.

I will say that UF has more support staff members than ever before and if you go out to a recruiting event, you can tell they are working their tails off, and some of them really have genuine connections with the prospects.
Eric-UF
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mark Wheeler said:


I will say that when a 2021 prospect arrived, he was told to go to the Heavener Complex to check in. When he arrived there he was told since he wasn't camping, he didn't have to check in could go straight to the IPF. When he got to the IPF he was told he had to go back to the Gator Room to check-in as an unofficial visitor.

This was on top of him sending me a message that they were having trouble finding a parking spot.

The goal of an unofficial visit is to make it as easy and thus enjoyable for a prospect as possible. Hell, at the very least have a cart on standby so he and his mother aren't walking all over campus (she declined to walk back with him from the IPF to the Heavener Complex, instead support staff member Kevin Camps walked with him).
This is some really good insight (well, technically it is not, but you know what I mean)...thank you for posting on this.

It is troubling that the staff appears to be this disorganized....does anyone ask Mullen or Scott about these issue off line?

Based on some of the comments from Bill in another post, I'm just wondering if this is the "status quo" with Mullen or do they see that there is a problem and they are trying to address it?

Didn't we hear about similar issues with Mac?

Seems like there is a lot of smoke (maybe fire) here and would be a great article to write about and investigate.
UFgator52-20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Did you see where Fraziars said the same thing about F$U?

If there are 500 prospects visiting and camping at one time not all of them are going to be happy.
Page 1 of 1
 
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.