Josh Braun Commits to Georgia

787 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Eric-UF
Olivia Granaiola
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Braun's father posted on Twitter that the Gators OL target will play in Athens.
Mark Wheeler
Staff
Committed before taking his official visit. Georgia is just recruiting at another level right now.

Now, what happened this weekend makes more sense. I would assume the family let Florida know what Josh was going to do when they told them they wouldn't be able to make it in on Friday for the planned unofficial visit.

Eric-UF
Is Georgia recruiting on another level, or is our staff just not that great at recruiting?

Miss on the elite and great talents....land the over weight average talent....

Ssweat
At this point a kid like Chantz Williams or Rosemy could say Florida is the leader and no one would believe are getting them. It's that bad that Kirby is taking anybody we think we may get and probably doing it just for fun. When's it going to change?
Mark Wheeler
Staff
Eric-UF said:

Is Georgia recruiting on another level, or is our staff just not that great at recruiting?

Miss on the elite and great talents....land the over weight average talent....

A mixture of the two. Mullen was always known as a better teacher, developer and schemer, play caller than he was a recruiter.

I thought he did better last year then his reputation would have indicated.

However, he isn"t now, nor has he ever been considered to be one of the elite recruiters.
Bd489
At some point Mullen will reach a mark richt type plateau (w-l record) with mediocre recruiting against the big boys. I worry we are witnessing the transition now.
G8rJD
The difference is Richt was a great recruiter mediocre coach...I'm kind of worried regardless at this point
JD
jagergator
We are getting outworked, plain and simple. If I read one more quote from a recruit that the staff has not been in touch, my f'ing head is gonna explode. If you are not calling recruits in the offseason, what are you doing?
Eric-UF
jagergator said:

We are getting outworked, plain and simple. If I read one more quote from a recruit that the staff has not been in touch, my f'ing head is gonna explode. If you are not calling recruits in the offseason, what are you doing?

You might want to invest in some ear plugs and duct tape......
Page 1 of 1

Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.