Blackshear Visiting Thursday

3,988 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Mark Wheeler
Ethan Hughes
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Corey Evans is reporting that Coach Mike White is set to host Virginia Tech forward Kerry Blackshear on Thursday. Blackshear would add a much needed scoring threat inside to complement the Gators' bevy of talented guards. His top-2 appear to be Florida and Kentucky.

UF will be his first visit.
Bd489
Who do you think has a better chance at landing him? Us or Kentucky?
Jasonkessler16
Jumped out of my seat when I saw the report!
Ethan Hughes
Bd489 said:

Who do you think has a better chance at landing him? Us or Kentucky?
UF would be my guess.
Samuel Graveline
Mine as well. However, you can never count out Kentucky when it comes to getting talent. But this visit is huge for the Gators.
peanut46
He's from Orlando, correct?
Ethan Hughes
peanut46 said:

He's from Orlando, correct?
Yes
jagergator
Someone remind me the last time we won a head to head recruiting battle with UK?
Ethan Hughes
Scottie Lewis, this year
ChicagoGator
Ethan Hughes said:

Scottie Lewis, this year

This and we kicked their ass. It's really cute that Kentucky gets top 10 recruits every year but it's even cuter that they lose in the Sweet 16 every year with that talent. Could argue that Florida has had more tournament success in the past decade. Hopefully we can convince Kerry to come and be a part of something special.
Titletown
Is there an update? Is he going to pick us over Kentucky?
ChicagoGator
Visiting Tennessee and Kentucky this week. Every mod from Florida, Arkansas, UK and Tenn all seem to think he's going to their schools, which means that no one knows. If I had to guess, as of now I'd probably say % chance:

Florida - 40%
Kentucky- 35%
Arkansas 15%
Tenn- 10%

I think in the end, he chooses the school that combines national (media) exposure, national title contender, and him being the focal point of the offense, which is Florida. Every other school offers him one or two, but not all three.
Ethan Hughes
Titletown said:

Is there an update? Is he going to pick us over Kentucky?
I think Arkansas's the odd team out, but I think Tennessee could be in play more than people think. Rick Barnes' system is forward-friendly, and they're losing Grant Williams. So, I can see why they might be appealing. I still think it comes down to UF and Kentucky. Does he want to be a guaranteed starter from day one but on a team that probably isn't a national title contender, or does he go with the school that has a ton of hype every year but that he might not get to play as much?
Mark Wheeler
Staff
He has visited UFam and Arkansas and has visits to Kentucky and Tennessee still to go. He is also considering Texas A&M and Michigan State.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.