Florida signee Black to start out in JUCO

Mark Wheeler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Florida four-star signee Diwun Black announced via Twitter that he will be forced to go JUCO.

ChicagoGator
I'm sorry but do these kids just not care what the public thinks of their basic knowledge of the English language? Instead is two words now and "Post"??? Like come on dude, you should want to come across as an intelligent young man. I'm not a grammar Nazi at all, but it's like you know thousands of people are going to be reading this...

I wish him the best and hope to see him in Orange and Blue one year!
BeardedGator
So, about that 2019 recruiting class. Seriously, I really dont want to be a negative Nancy but how can any fan stay optimistic when truth is we wont have 2 top defensive signees come fall camp? Mullen can coach an offense but we have seen what happens when one side of the ball is lacking players (Muschamp). I sure hope the Gators wipe the field with Miami and get the ship back in the right direction.
Ethan Hughes
Staff
If you want the optimistic perspective, Black probably wasn't going to have a large role on defense this year, and they should be fine at corner as long as no one gets injured. So, in the short term, the defense should be OK.
KassidyHill
Staff
Mullen lends his support
ChicagoGator
I assume that as long as he gets on track, he will come to UF in a year or two, which is probably when he'd start to see the field here anyways.
pilotrob
Is there ever going to be any good news for us again?? Really depressing reading these boards this last week or so.
KassidyHill
Staff
pilotrob said:

Is there ever going to be any good news for us again?? Really depressing reading these boards this last week or so.

When I first arrived here 6 years ago, one of the first things made clear to me is that there's no such thing as a quiet UF offseason.
Dylan Rudolph
It would still be good for him to be with the system for as long as possible learning under the upperclassmen on the team, but it is not the end of the world.
OrangeandBlue
We need to place him in a Florida friendly jr. college
If he goes to one back home in Mississippi the two Miss schools will have the advantage.
Ethan Hughes
Staff
1. They can't place him anywhere. It's his choice.

2. How would going to a Mississippi JC give the in-state colleges an advantage? He already chose UF over both of them once.
Page 1 of 1

Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.