RB Room

Olivia Granaiola
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
A couple years ago, the RB room was arguably one of the only groups the Gators could count on. While the group is still a formidable one, this season is crucial for the position. Perine will run out of eligibility after this year, so he's not worth talking about. I wish him the best this season ahead of what's likely to be a good NFL career.

Dameon Pierce really looks like the future. Big, fast, and catching improved tenfold during Spring. However, will the team need to rely exclusively on Pierce?

Malik Davis was the future at the position, but back to back season ending injuries show holes in Davis' durability. This may be his full breakout year, but I wouldn't rule out jumping to the draft to avoid more injuries.

Iverson Clement has been working hard, but he didn't exactly tear it up during the Spring Game. Good news is he's only a redshirt freshman so he still has plenty of time to develop into a top option.

Nay'Quan Wright was a beast in the 305 before an injury ended his senior season. Based on his film, I'm expecting him to max out his redshirt games this year. But, like Davis, health might be a problem.

And of course, recruiting. My thoughts on RB recruiting are all over the forum, but to break it down, a miss on Lee would be a big problem.
Graylon
I totally agree and knock on wood you have to look at it like this what if something happened to perine or Pierce. And also our young offensive line is still coming along
Ethan Hughes
Staff
I really like the present and future of this position. You really only need two ready-to-play backs in a given year. You've got Perine and Pierce this year, and then it's Pierce and Wright for at least one year, maybe two (I've given up on Davis). As long as they get Lee this year and/or someone next year, the rotation should be strong for the next 3-4 years.
upstateg8tor
I never thought a top RB was as big a need as many made it out to be this cycle. Losing Bowman sucks ...but from a recruiting perception than anything else. And I always thought Lee was more of an Athlete than RB. I thought EJ Smiths film was more impressive and couldn't understand why we haven't pushed hard for him.
Page 1 of 1

Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.