Luke Del Rio Talks Calloway and Gators

KassidyHill
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Luke Del Rio, who I think is breaking into broadcasting, did a live video on Twitter today. He covered a variety of topics and had good insight into them all. Listen to the whole video if you have time.

If you want to jump ahead though:
At the 9:50 mark he make a passionate defense for Antonio Calloway
At the 14:50 mark he talks about the Gators.

Watch those parts for sure but if you need to hold it till later, one thing he said that really stood out.
Said that when it comes to Franks and Trask, it won't be the numbers or throws that determine this particular QB battle. It will be who the team rallies behind; I tend to agree with him since the talent gap between the two balances out. This is why I've felt from the beginning it would be Feleipe who gets the job.

As up and down as Del Rio's career was, he's been around a lot of big-time programs in college football so he definitely has some insight worth listening to.

SORT14
I like Luke. I can't disagree with anything he said about the Gators. I disagree that the Dolphins vs Bucs game has no story lines... Tanny returns!!
Kevin Lomax 1993
I know it's old news, but it would've been interesting to see how the rest of the season played out if Del Rio hadn't been injured. The offense just flowed so much better with him in there. I honestly think they would've won against everyone except UGA, and maybe FSU. But then again, Mac may not have been fired...so never mind.
OrangeandBlue
I won't listen. Never liked him he comes off as an entitled millennial brat.
Mark Wheeler
Staff
OrangeandBlue said:

I won't listen. Never liked him he comes off as an entitled millennial brat.

His problem was that comment about In all kinds of (fair) weather where this young man, who was on his third college team, called Florida's fans loyalty into question.

That was going to be a deep hole to dig himself out of no matter what else he did on or off the field.
g8orbill
speaks well and no uhms

why is he in NY
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.