WCC Insider: Florida checks in on five-star

1,350 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by EricN
Mark Wheeler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Florida sent some coaches to check in on Opa Locka (Fla.) Monsignor Pace five-star defensive end Shemar Stewart earlier today.

I was told that the coaches didn't actually speak directly with Stewart, though of course with him being a 2022 prospect, they could have.

I was told that they went by to try to find out if they could convince him to take a quick visit to Gainesville in the next 12 days, before National Signing Day on 2/3.

I asked if Stewart will visit UF, the response was, 'Not sure.'

SwampMagic
Why wouldn't our coach talk directly to him? Is his coach setting appointments or something?
Mark Wheeler
Staff
SwampMagic said:

Why wouldn't our coach talk directly to him? Is his coach setting appointments or something?
Stewart is pretty set on his final three, so UF went to the coach who basically mentors him to see if there was an opening.
EricN
Mark Wheeler said:

SwampMagic said:

Stewart is pretty set on his final three, so UF went to the coach who basically mentors him to see if there was an opening.
For the longest time - Stewart was a hard no to UF based upon the former staff. He was always a tam lean. I think mario has a shot but CBN is so late to the party on this one.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.