WCC Insider: Weekend visitor updates

3,112 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by Mark Wheeler
Mark Wheeler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
As prospects start to arrive on campus later this afternoon check back on the thread for updates throughout the weekend.
Mark Wheeler
Staff
cwill
Intern
cwill
Intern
cwill
Intern
cwill
Intern

Mark Wheeler
Staff
Florida four-star running back commit Trevor Etienne is posting visit photos on his Instagram account.

Mark Wheeler
Staff

Mark Wheeler
Staff
It looks like five-star linebacker Harold Perkins is sitting to the immediate right of Napier during dinner at Spurriers.

Mark Wheeler
Staff
I'm sure what they are doing this weekend won't be the same as when they have a few months to organize everything, but there are some small changes to the weekend official visits.

One thing is that normally 99% of the official visitors would stay at the Hilton on 34th. I saw Trevor Etienne post a photo from the AC downtown (which I would think would be the preferred destination for a visitor to get a true feel for college life along University on a Fri/Sat night). Some though are also staying at the newest, and probably swankiest (if I can use that term on a football forum) hotel in town, the Eleo.

Last year they went to Dave & Busters and Spurrier's Grille on Friday, they are doing that again this weekend.

Last year they had breakfast at Shula's (being in the Hilton), this year they are eating at University House before breaking into two groups to go on tours which include presentations on nutrition, the Hawkins Center, the weight room, etc...

They will also see the new football facility and then eat lunch in the IPF.

During last year's official visit weekends, on Saturday nights, they would eat at Ballyhoo Grill, this year, or at least this weekend, they will eat dinner in the Champion's Club in the stadium after they get to do their video and photoshoot at around 5:30.

The same from last year to this year is that at 9 p.m. the visitors go hang out with their hosts while the parents have the option of doing their own thing or hanging out with the staff.

As a reference, this is what an official visit weekend looked like last year: https://insidethegators.com/s/2684/the-inside-scoop-a-behind-the-scenes-look-at-nick-evers-florida-official-visit

Mark Wheeler
Staff
Mark Wheeler
Staff
Mark Wheeler
Staff
Breakfast is being served to the prospects in the Gator Room in the Heavener Complex this morning.

Two things of interest so far this morning...

There's almost always a catering truck here on Sunday mornings to provide breakfast. The absence of it leads me to believe they are making the food in house. At least I would think.

Some of the visitors are having a face to face with Napier, some don't. I would assume those who do have the greenlight to commit, while those who don't are in a wait and see mode.
Mark Wheeler
Staff
Jamari Lyons and family have arrived with Reid.
Mark Wheeler
Staff
Five-star Perkins just arrived with Jamar Cheney.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.