What's Napier and Sale offense look like?

525 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by dtaylo56
From the Swamp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
An offensive line coach as a coordinator always means you're going to run, run, run and run some more.

Did they pass the ball at all Louisiana?

We're gonna win but it's gonna be boring.
Bd489
I believe their qb threw for 3,000 yards this season. He does seem to want to run the ball a lot, I just hope he has some imagination when it comes to airing it out as well.
iwollf74
It won't be a Qb lead running attack like Mullen's offense. Napier had his QB run a little but the majority of running is done by RBs.
dtaylo56
It's basically a version of Alabama's offense, with some spread concepts thrown in. You will see a ton of pre-snap motion, which makes it very hard on a defense. Lots of two tight end sets, but all out of the pistol or shotgun, with some empty sets, qb runs and other wrinkles he took from his time at ASU.Runs a lot of zone running plays, a la Sean McVay in the NFL. A genuine pro style offense, in other words. He ran the ball 57% of the time at Louisiana, but part of that was that his qb wasn't a great passer. I think he will throw ball more if he has a big time passer at qb, but will still be run first. In any case, if he brings in top talent, it will be plenty successful. I wouldn't worry about "boring." If they bring in great players, there will be plenty of excitement.

Here are a couple of film reviews of his offense (the second does both offense and defense):

From the Swamp
Thank you Dtay. That was helpful.
dtaylo56
No problem.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.