WCC Insider: Some notes from the team meeting

4,826 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by Mark Wheeler
Mark Wheeler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
The page has turned and with Florida beginning classes for the Spring Semester on Wednesday, the Gators held their first official team meeting of the 2022 season on Tuesday afternoon.

Inside the Gators has tidbits from the meeting.

Earlier today, though he is in the transfer portal, Mohamoud Diabate was seen at the stadium. However, I was told that he was there to get some of his belongings and wasn't at the team meeting.

Though it was reported that Emory Jones was leaving, he never entered the transfer portal and I was told that he was at the team meeting.

After the meeting, there was a team dinner.

More info as I hear it.

Update I: Though he hasn't officially declared for the NFL draft, I was told that Kaiir Elam wasn't at the meeting.

The first workouts under the new strength and conditioning staff will begin Wednesday morning at 7:30 a.m. It will not be full team workouts, they will be broken down into groups.

Update II: As another update, I was told that when the team was broken down into four or five groups this morning for the workout, it was basically a test of mobility and movement to find out each player's baseline athletic ability.

Also, there is a thread further down the forum about possible transfers.

To address that, I was told that both Jalen Kitna and Jaelin Humphries are on campus.

I'd like to see what Humphries can do completely healthy. I saw him in the Walmart parking lot last summer out of uniform, and he has turned into a grown-ass man. He looked like an SEC lineman body-wise. It will be interesting to see what he turns into under the guidance of the new staff. Sometimes a fresh start is for the better.
RegGator
I like Emory as a person and I wish him well but I think it would have been better for both sides to have a clean break and start over.

At least Napier isn't as married to Jones as Mullen was so it will be a fair fight and Richardson should win.
Mark Wheeler
Staff
Bd489
It's possible he might realize he isn't going to the nfl and will get his education at UF which has value. Maybe he goes after spring ball? Who knows, maybe he is close to graduating.
camparker25
Intern
This is technically his senior season and was an early enrollee so that could very well be the case. Graduate and transfer as a grad transfer with two years of eligibility left (redshirt in 2018 and free COVID year in 2020).
Go Gators TJ
He probably put it out there that he wanted to leave but didn't get that much interest from any of the teams in good conferences and he didn't want to have to go to some Sunbelt or ACC team.

If Mullen can't make you an average quarterback then I don't know who can.

Is there a chance he could change positions since he runs better than he throws?
Mark Wheeler
Staff
camparker25
Intern
Princely Umanmielen comments on the dinner (hint, he brings the food issue from a few weeks ago back up):

Bd489
I like the players letting it be known their issues have been fixed. Recruits know things are changing under Napier.
iwollf74
Dexter posted a response about the food issue on Twitter. He later said Mullen unfollowed him.
Mark Wheeler
Staff
I would assume that this is part of the agility and flexibility workout that we reported the team would undergo on Wednesday morning.

Mark Wheeler
Staff
I was told that the video happened after the mobility, athleticism testing I mentioned above, not as part of it.
Mark Wheeler
Staff
A final note on that workout.

I was told that they were given function tests (I have no idea what that means) on movements. It tested their flexibility, ankle mobility, broad jumps etc...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.