SEC Coaches Teleconference Live Thread

382 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by cyclogator
ChristopherAdams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Intern
Dan Mullen will answer questions at the weekly SEC Coaches Teleconference around 11:20. Follow here for live updates
ChristopherAdams
Intern
Kirby Smart rapped up his time (no real updates outside of JT Daniels seeing more time in practice) Mullen is starting now
ChristopherAdams
Intern
Mullen says the team is using this week to work on some things and get people healthy
ChristopherAdams
Intern
On quarterbacks:
"We have two really good quarterbacks...I see us continuing down that path"

On state of the Program:
"I think we're headed in a good way with the attitude of the program" Says the energy and attitude at practice has been good
ChristopherAdams
Intern
Says they'll evaluate whether Emory is still the starting quarterback; "Both guys will play a bunch, they're a pretty good combination"
ChristopherAdams
Intern
Says they have to do a better job closing gaps down against the run and make tackles
ChristopherAdams
Intern
Says he won't get into strategy of how he'll use quarterbacks; says they haven't gotten far enough into the game planning to say who plays the first play of the game
ChristopherAdams
Intern
Says they made no staff changes to the defensive staff

Says the team is working on fixing mistakes and inconsistencies from week to week. Says "they're focused on Georgia" when asked about Todd Grantham's future
ChristopherAdams
Intern
On focus, consistency:
Says the coaches need to put the players in the right spots to succeed; "It is something, little things, it appears to be little things. Once you fix one thing, it's something else" Says that inconsistency is "on me"

"We've got to find a way to win these close games. We've got a couple losses in one score games and we have to find a way to win those games"
ChristopherAdams
Intern
On teams mindset and Anthony Richardson's Growth:
"I think our guys love playing football. There's a lot of football still to be played this year. Unfortunately, we've been in a couple of close games that we've been on the wrong side of"

"I think he continues to improve. I've seen improvement from both guys throughout the course of the year."
ChristopherAdams
Intern
That's it from Mullen for this week.
cyclogator
So basically expect the whole Dan Mullen let me see if I can keep my two really good QBs from getting in a rhythm by rotating them in and out all game. Bonus points if he keeps AR on the bench long enough for that hamstring to go cold and get pulled when he inserts him in there at an odd time of the game.

Mullen threw the players under the bus again for missing tackles and not plugging gaps to protect his good buddy Grantham scheme of playing a bunch of light LBs.

Im so over this guy.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.