Shaping up to be Mullen's worst class to date at UF...

897 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 26 days ago by SwampMagic
Swamp_Thing
How long do you want to ignore this user?
And possibly his worst season on the field. It's year four and Mullen has this program floored in reverse.

cyclogator
It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone unless one is driven by emotion more than fact. It hurts because we all want the Gators back but what been happening doesn't support it. Recruiting matters. Mullen isnt, nor has he ever been, a coach who takes less and does more with it. Grantham called a couple good games and then typical Grantham showed back up as usual with the crowd the box with undersized LBs and gets pushed around. Recruiting has been lazy and Miss State like yet people ignore that fact.

If you just want to be a 8-4 to 10-2 with a 11-1 or 7-5 here and there...Mullen is your guy. He isn't elite. He isn't a QB guru. He isn't a great offensive mind. He is average. He gets paid 7.6M dollars and Grantham is getting 2M dollars.
Swamp_Thing
cyclogator said:

It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone unless one is driven by emotion more than fact. It hurts because we all want the Gators back but what been happening doesn't support it. Recruiting matters. Mullen isnt, nor has he ever been, a coach who takes less and does more with it. Grantham called a couple good games and then typical Grantham showed back up as usual with the crowd the box with undersized LBs and gets pushed around. Recruiting has been lazy and Miss State like yet people ignore that fact.

If you just want to be a 8-4 to 10-2 with a 11-1 or 7-5 here and there...Mullen is your guy. He isn't elite. He isn't a QB guru. He isn't a great offensive mind. He is average. He gets paid 7.6M dollars and Grantham is getting 2M dollars.

I wanted Mullen to be successful here because I want UF to be successful, but he was never even in my top 5 for coaches at UF. We are now seeing just how arrogant/lazy he actually is.
Romeg8r
And that is horrible for UF because you do not fix a program by hiring a new coach every three or four years. We are on the verge of becoming Tennessee
Graylon
cyclogator
Romeg8r said:

And that is horrible for UF because you do not fix a program by hiring a new coach every three or four years. We are on the verge of becoming Tennessee
Yeah...because keeping a guy that can't recruit and keeps his non recruiting friends on the staff is the road map to success. We are definitely headed in the right direction right now aren't we.

Whats your excuse going to be when we finish this season 7-5 and a 20th-30th ranked recruiting class?
Graylon
That is sad because Florida has 100 times the resources of Tennessee... Florida could get what coach they wanted by just opening the checkbook... I believe the Florida should always evaluate coaches at all time cause you never know when one is going to leave or get fired... instead of having to wait til the last minute to hire someone...

I'll admit Mullen was never my first choice for coach... But I NEVER THOUGHT HE WOULD BE THIS BAD
Titletown
In this meeting with reporters on youtube he sounds like he is putting everything into getting this new building built to get us on track recruiting.
Swamp_Thing
Class is now 17th nationally, 6th in the SEC.
UFChad14
Swamp_Thing said:

Class is now 17th nationally, 6th in the SEC.
It's sad.
Swamp_Thing
22nd nationally. 9th in the SEC
"Most teams that are up there fighting for championships, they better be in the top five in the nation in recruiting" - Steve Spurrier, 2018
"We have to change the recruiting process somehow and make sure that us Gators are up there in the top five in recruiting, and that’s really how you go about that, having really super teams every year." - Steve Spurrier, 2019
cyclogator
Hev whiffed on a 2* OL. (nevermind, just read what Mark wrote about Nonar on the other thread)
SwampMagic
Mullen's worst class against one of Smart's best.

We are ****ed.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.