Vote: Should Dan Mullen be on the hot seat?

1,197 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Swamp_Thing
Mark Wheeler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Coming off of an 8-4 season, and currently standing at 4-3, not to say he should be fired, but should Dan Mullen be on the hot seat?

Vote on the front page.
Blorange
He has made poooor coaching hires and refuses to let go of those who are not performing...so yes..yes he should.
Steve L
Hot seat? His a-- should be on fire. Losing to a team with 20 players sidelined is an embarrassment. At the least fire Grantham right now. All the talk about Orgeron being fired was off base. Maybe the talk was about the wrong coach in this game Disgusting.
Romeg8r
He is on the hot seat.
Bill Sikes
Should be fired if he loses to UGA
Bd489
His seat is getting warm but not hot yet. They just extended him and aren't firing him this year. They will force changes on staff and see if he turns it around. I know last year was fun offensively but if we lose to Georgia both last year and this year will be 4 losses. That warms any gator coaches seat up.
Josh
If he refuses to make staff changes ( a lot of them) then idgaf if he gets fired. First time Ive said that about Mullen, but something has to give.
gator rising
Bill Sikes said:

Should be fired if he loses to UGA

He shouldn't be fired already but the warning signs are out there that he's not a coach that's going to lead us to greatness.
cyclogator
7.6 million dollars. He isn't worth anywhere near it. Somehow he has managed to get called a qb guru and great offensive mind but the truth is he isn't either of those things. He can't recruit either. Ready for him to be gone because we can go 8-4 to 10-2 for a lot less money.
cyclogator
Bd489 said:

His seat is getting warm but not hot yet. They just extended him and aren't firing him this year. They will force changes on staff and see if he turns it around. I know last year was fun offensively but if we lose to Georgia both last year and this year will be 4 losses. That warms any gator coaches seat up.
The extension and raise was more like some spare change thrown his way. The buyout didn't change and its pretty low.
Mark Wheeler
Staff
The poll ends with 73% saying that he should be on the hotseat.
Bill Sikes
Mark Wheeler said:

He hasn't earned year 5.
Swamp_Thing
Mark Wheeler said:

Time to go our separate ways...
Graylon
He should have been fired after the Oklahoma game.
cyclogator
I want Stricklin on the hot seat.

They need to take a nod from LSU and go ahead and announce that Grantham will not be coaching next year but he will finish the season out. In the meantime start a DC search. The only acceptable reason for not doing that right now is that Mullen is gone after this season so hiring a new DC is a moot point right now.
Bulldog1987
Swamp_Thing said:

Mark Wheeler said:

Yes please… Oh not you? I thought we were talking about you
Swamp_Thing
Bulldog1987 said:

Swamp_Thing said:

Mark Wheeler said:

Yes please… Oh not you? I thought we were talking about you
Why? Your lamentations are music to my ears.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.