This reporter got caught lying about a recruit

492 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by EricN
Dan the Man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mark Wheeler
Staff
I don't know either party, but in all the years I've done this I have had a handful of times someone said they were misquoted, and I have had to queue up the recorder and replay what was said.

I don't know what went on here to have an opinion on it one way or the other. There are times people honestly believe that they didn't say what they said and need to hear it for themselves.
Swamp_Thing
Mark Wheeler said:

I don't know either party, but in all the years I've done this I have had a handful of times someone said they were misquoted, and I have had to queue up the recorder and replay what was said.

I don't know what went on here to have an opinion on it one way or the other. There are times people honestly believe that they didn't say what they said and need to hear it for themselves.

But to put out a quote when you haven't even talked to the recruit is just horrible. There was another tweet that was taken down that showed a text between the two with the reporter asking him to delete all of his tweets because they were making the reporter look bad.
Swamp_Thing
Mark Wheeler
Staff
If he actually removed the quote, that likely means they don't have a recording to back it up.

That's not good news.
1bigg8rindade
247 got rid of the whole site. It went from OM spirit to Inside the Rebels tonight with the old writers gone and the members going crazy.
EricN
Mark Wheeler said:

If he actually removed the quote, that likely means they don't have a recording to back it up.

That's not good news.

You know - I never once got the impression that anything like that would ever happen on this site
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.