The Inside Scoop: Behind-the-Scenes on what led to Blades being dismissed by Florida

3,571 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by iwollf74
Mark Wheeler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
It was announced yesterday that cornerback transfer Elijiah Blades had entered the transfer portal.

The belief being that he wasn't happy with his limited playing time, so he decided to move on.

Today, Dan Mullen stated that he met with and dismissed Blades from the program.

After doing a little digging, Inside the Gators was told that this was a bad fit from the start. There have been multiple issues between Blades and cornerbacks coach Jules Montinar and other members of the staff.

It started to really come to a head when during halftime of the season opener against FAU, Blades said he was unable to continue because of a hamstring injury. Then, we're told that without direction from or clearing it with the staff, he took off his uniform and spent most of the second half back by the locker room or in the tunnel.

From there, things continued to go downhill until he wasn't dressed on Saturday and kicked off the team on Sunday.
outofsight
Our coaches couldn't look at his history of jumping from team to team and tell that he probably had some issues?

What did he contribute to us? 2 penalties?
Titletown
Was Mullen here when we recruited him out of high school or was that coach Mac?

Either way we should have known he was a problem child and steered clear of him.
RegGator
Aggie fans were saying when we got him that he was a problem me first kind of player.

I knew he wouldn't make it when they put up that video of Bowman making that run in a scrimmage and Blades made a half hearted tackle attempt.

Good riddance.
1bigg8rindade
We don't need bad influences like that around our young corners passing on bad habits to Marshall and Helm.

Him getting booted gave Young a chance to play.

Win win for us and the future.
UFChad14
Is he suspended or completely gone?

We are already short on corners what happens if another one is injured?

I hope they can work it out to bring him back for the rest of the year.
EricN
UFChad14 said:

Is he suspended or completely gone?

We are already short on corners what happens if another one is injured?

I hope they can work it out to bring him back for the rest of the year.
no - he is done, gone, out, maybe desaparecido
he is not coming back
iwollf74
We don't need any Cali kids here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.