UF vs. Vandy Postgame press conference

1,065 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by camparker25
camparker25
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Intern
Coming up shortly, Coach Mullen and select players will meet with the media to discuss today's 42-0 win over Vanderbilt.
camparker25
Intern
Mullen is here. Thanked the fans and students for supporting the team during homecoming week.
camparker25
Intern
Praised the team for their attitude this week. Said that coaching needs to improve on keeping that intensity up.
camparker25
Intern
On Anthony Richardson struggling today: "All quarterbacks have a learning curve." Said that he has improved over the season and he will continue to do.
camparker25
Intern
On the Arkansas-Ole Miss game: "Another day in the SEC"
camparker25
Intern
Again, Mullen said that a lot of the mistakes were on coaching and making sure that everyone was in place and keeping up the intensity.

On the halftime interview: "I wasn't trying to be mean. She had questions, and those were my answers." Said he had a lot more words to say in the locker room.
camparker25
Intern
Mullen breaking down his halftime interview:

Quarterbacks in the first part of the second half: "We made better reads, then we got a little sloppy."

On the defense playing "Awful": They played 50 snaps, gave up over 200 yards of offense, they played the entire half. Missed tackles, third down conversions, etc. The start of the second half, he saw the same as the first drives were we shut them down.
camparker25
Intern
On the passing game: "The defense determines where the ball gets thrown. The coverages they (Vandy) played allowed us to take more deep shots."
camparker25
Intern
"It is always coverage based where the ball goes."
camparker25
Intern
On the tough two-game stretch coming up against LSU and UGA: "I don't know if the season is defined by anything until it's over." Says that they are obviously big games that they are looking forward to.
camparker25
Intern
On playing LSU: "I love playing big games. That's a big game. It would be fun to play different teams."
camparker25
Intern
"Way too many penalties today." Noted that there is a massive difference between penalties on UF and UK/Vandy. Says he may need to call the other coaches to see what they're doing.
camparker25
Intern
On Brenton Cox: He was a little banged up. Wasn't sure if he was going to play today. Was sore after the first half, so they kept him out of the second half.
camparker25
Intern
On the defense in the second half: "It was the mindset and approach going into the 2nd half. I don't want to down play that we didn't give up any points. The standard isn't 'let's make a stop at every drive.' It's every play"
camparker25
Intern
On the fake punt: "They were showing a massive overload to one side. Greg Knox saw it and took advantage of it."
camparker25
Intern
Said that he is thankful Crawshaw did not have flashbacks to Aussie rules football and dropped the ball after so many steps. Praised him for being an incredible athlete.
camparker25
Intern
Mullen is done for the day, players (TBA) up next.
camparker25
Intern
Antwan Powell is up next.
camparker25
Intern
On the defensive turnaround in the 2nd half: "It was really the mindset. We wanted to keep that 0 on the board."
camparker25
Intern
On the halftime message: "Give them nothing. It don't matter if the message was angrily or not. Don't give them anything."
camparker25
Intern
Message after last week's loss: "Having that team mindset that we aren't going to give them anything."
camparker25
Intern
Powell is done for the day.
camparker25
Intern
Rashad Torrence is up
camparker25
Intern
On the youth of the secondary and how well they played: "We just showed our depth and the preparation from the week. It was an opportunity to show how much work we do put in."
camparker25
Intern
On his 15 tackles: "You just see certain tendencies from guys and can read plays." Says the rest of the D did a good job forcing plays outside for him to clean up.
camparker25
Intern
On what he expects in heading to Death Valley next week and what he learned from playing at Kentucky: "Crowd control and not letting the crowd get to you."
camparker25
Intern
On Perkins: "He played great. He stepped up to the plate and showed he was worthy to be a Gator." Said Perkins was probably not expecting to go in as much today, like he was at Ole Miss last year (after Shawn Davis was ejected).
camparker25
Intern
On his relationship with Trey Dean: "That's like my real brother. Us being in that back end together is surreal. He makes a good play. I want to make a big play."

Says their relationship goes past UF and that it started when they played 7-on-7 together in high school.
camparker25
Intern
Torrence is done. Nay-Quan Wright is up next.
camparker25
Intern
On Mullen's message this week: "We just gotta pick it up. We have to clean up the little things."
camparker25
Intern
On the offensive line and the holes they make: "Every time I see green grass I think touchdown. Hats off to those guys for opening up those lanes."
camparker25
Intern
On Malik Davis' injury: "I wouldn't say I took his snaps. We all try to get equal snaps. I thought he was playing today. Even when he wasn't playing he was leading."

On Crawshaw's fake punt: "He showed me something. I didn't know he was that fast. Maybe we have to put him in at receiver or something."
camparker25
Intern
Wright is done. Emory Jones is up next.
camparker25
Intern
On his 4-TD passing performance: "Taking what the defense gives me."

On Wright: "We try to use him in all types of ways." Says Wright's versatility allows him to play running back and could play receiver.
camparker25
Intern
On early-season mistakes: "Growing up I learned that mistakes going to happen. Everyone is going to look to you. I never let if phase me. I know Im going to go back out again. I look as it as an opportunity to learn from it."
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.