Media Availability: Todd Grantham and Select Players

927 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 13 days ago by cwill
cwill
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Intern
Defensive Coordinator Todd Grantham and select players will speak to the media around 7:15 p.m. Follow here for updates
cwill
Intern
Here we go...
cwill
Intern
When asked about Bryce Young:
"He's a very talented guy and can make all the throws"
Grantham also said for a young guy he is very developed and ahead of his age.
cwill
Intern
When asked about safety play, the Gators DC said
"Torrence made explosive plays and Trey Dean gets better every time he steps on the field"
He also that he will look to see his players improve, adjust and learn as the game goes along
cwill
Intern
When looking towards Alabama, Grantham said they just need to do the things he needs them to do and not get overwhelmed by the situation.
cwill
Intern
When asked about playing 20-25 guys:
"We aren't going to just play guys to play guys but if you earn your time we'll find a way to get you a snap or two"
cwill
Intern
When asked about playing against tempo:
"I think our guys are pretty in tune with what we need to do and I feel very comfortable with our guys moving forward."
cwill
Intern
Grantham said he saw a lot of growth from the D-line in game two. He said as the new guys get more reps he's seeing more disruption and is getting guys ready to play later in the season
cwill
Intern
Grantham had alot of praise for the Alabama offensive line and said he understands the challenge and looks forward to facing it.
cwill
Intern
When asked about Jadarrius Perkins:
"He really wants to please. He'll come in early and ask questions about something. I'm really glad he's here. He's only going to get better and you love to have guys like that to coach."
cwill
Intern
On Desmond Watson:
"Dez is a guy that is working hard to get in the kind of shape he needs to be in to be successful. If he can be the guy to come in and give a guy a breather he'll do that."

Also said anytime you can play young guys and give them exposure it shows them what they have to work on for the next season.
cwill
Intern
When asked about Nick Saban and his legacy:
"He's a guy I think the world of."
"He's really aggressive in everything he does to make sure he's on top of things that are current and stay ahead of things that are coming"
cwill
Intern
Diabate up next at the podium
cwill
Intern
When asked about last year's SEC Championship and the possibility of revenge:
"It would feel good but we'll still have work to do after."
"It means a lot being from the state of Alabama. I know my friends will be watching, my teachers will be watching. But I've played them before so I'm excited to get another crack at it.
cwill
Intern
"Whether he been their four years or two days, it's our goal to get to the quarterback"
Said he hopes the Swamp gets into it and messes with Bryce Young.
cwill
Intern
When asked about coming in as underdogs.
"It is what it is, they don't know what goes on in our building or what goes on in Alabama's building."
cwill
Intern
During recruiting:
Said Alabama was probably his second option. Said he trusts Grantham's ability to develop and said so far it has paid off
cwill
Intern
When asked about playing defense in a high scoring game:
"I'd rather have a 10-7 ball game but it's let's go out there this drive and get this stop."
cwill
Intern
When asked about the stakes of this game:
"When I go out there and play I don't think about making history. It's the same game I've played since 4th grade. It's just another ball game."
cwill
Intern
When asked about Ventrell Miller being on the injury report:
"We all rotate. Coaches always say we don't really have any starters. We all old. We all got experience."
cwill
Intern
That's it for Diabate, Newkirk up next
cwill
Intern
When asked about the Alabama hate:
The Auburn transfer said "I know what it takes. I know what it takes to get the guys prepared for it"
cwill
Intern
When asked about being an underdog:
Simply said "I love it"
cwill
Intern
On the sold-out Swamp: "I'm very excited, I know it's gonna be sold out and I know it's gonna be exciting. It's definitely going to be a huge impact and the crowd is going to help us out a lot."
cwill
Intern
When asked about playing in the Swamp as the enemy:
Newkirk said once the Gators got into the game the crowd got going and it's a huge energy and momentum boost.
cwill
Intern
"We gonna check their oil and they gonna check our oil" - Daquan Newkirk
cwill
Intern
When asked about improvement on the defensive line:
"USF we played way more consistent and that's what it takes from us upfront," Newkirk said, "First game I can say certain keys I missed out on."
"Each and every game we get better"
cwill
Intern
That's a wrap for tonight.
cwill
Intern
Select players will be available to the media tomorrow after practice (approximately 5:40 p.m.).
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.