Media Availability: Dan Mullen and Select Players

1,092 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 13 days ago by ChristopherAdams
ChristopherAdams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Intern
Coach Mullen and select players will speak to the media (hopefully) starting at 1 p.m.. Follow here for updates.

ChristopherAdams
Intern
Mullen is here and we are away.
ChristopherAdams
Intern
Opens his press conference praising the university for being ranked as the 5th best public college in the country.
ChristopherAdams
Intern
On hosting Alabama:
"You don't get all these crossover games that often so I think take the opportunity to have the Florida, Alabama game and have it here in the Swamp I don't know the last time they've been here but I think it's been quite a while, is, you know it's gonna be really exciting and should, should be a great atmosphere"
ChristopherAdams
Intern
On Richardson injury:
Says he's dealing with some tightness, will receive treatment; says he'll see how he progresses through practice this week
ChristopherAdams
Intern
On Alabama game:
"The outcome of this game certainly is not going to define the season on either way, there's a lot of football still played throughout the course of the year, but it'll be a good measuring stick of where we're at at this point of the season with this team"
ChristopherAdams
Intern
On the Swamp this week:
"I think home field advantage is a huge deal, especially now that with fans back in the stadiums, you know that's one of the things that make the makes the SEC tough"
Also said he hopes the league has more unique cross-conference games with expansion
ChristopherAdams
Intern
Noted how unique each quarterback decision is and that he wants to pick the player that'll help the team win. Also said he doesn't listen to outside noise about quarterback decisions
"I don't run down the hospital to Shands hospital and tell them I think you really should do that procedure this way"
ChristopherAdams
Intern
On Alabama:
"Number one, they got a ton of talent. You know what I mean they did a great job recruiting the depth, they have talent at every position"
ChristopherAdams
Intern
Says the defense has to play hard and fast against Alabama. Says they'll find out a lot about their defense this weekend.
ChristopherAdams
Intern
On being unsure of how good teams are that UF and Bama have already faced in their opening games:
"You could say hey we played to top 25 teams by the end of the season and they played two teams that weren't very good, or vice versa"
ChristopherAdams
Intern
On some Anthony Richardson mistakes:
"An easy one, if you go back a couple games like it mainly drops back he misses a protection check, then misses the hot throw that misses the primary read and then scrambles around it runs and everybody thinks what a spectacular play"
ChristopherAdams
Intern
On coaching in the Transfer Portal era and playing more players:
"I've always been somebody who plays a lot of players and you know I mean you look at the, there's our responsibilities. You know, in developing guys within this program, and develop them to get better, we ended up playing a lot of players that way"
ChristopherAdams
Intern
Elijah Blades had a sore hamstring and wasn't ready to go last week. Jean DeLance just had a bruise expected back in practice. TBD on Ventrell Miller
ChristopherAdams
Intern
On shortening rotation:
"We can't even dress that many and within the conference rules for the games. So they'll be you know a lot more guys with jersey on the sidelines a lot less guys available within the course of the game for us to roll through and to play"
Also says veteran players will probably get more reps moving forward
ChristopherAdams
Intern
On new defensive line transfers:
"Trues is still trying to pick it up, he got here late but the other two guys, the transfers, I think it's picked it up I believe in, brought in and understand now what we're trying to do and what we're trying to accomplish"
ChristopherAdams
Intern
On last year's conference title game:
"I imagine this game should probably play out differently, they have a they have a bunch of new faces, we have a bunch of new faces out there and they're very good coaching staff and so they're probably similar to us, they're going to do what their guys can do well,"
ChristopherAdams
Intern
On unseen offensive packages:
Says there's a lot we haven't seen; kept it simple first two weeks
ChristopherAdams
Intern
On using last year's Alabama loss as motivation:
"I don't think we use that I think it was a motivating in that, you know what is, hey, we had the opportunity to win an SEC championship and fell six points short and we're right there we want to get the opportunity"

Says it's less about revenge with Alabama and more about getting back to that level
ChristopherAdams
Intern
On this weekend's game:
"If you need me to motivate you to play in this game you got your little messed up, you know, I mean this is a big game that's why you come to Florida to play in big games"
ChristopherAdams
Intern
Notes how Alabama have a very spread offense and defensively they do a lot of different things well including disguising coverages.
ChristopherAdams
Intern
On Emory Jones-Anthony Richardson relationship:
"The reality of what's going on on the inside, you know, you have two young guys that are both trying to get better both trying to learn, they learn and help each other they appreciate each other and they help each other"
ChristopherAdams
Intern
On matchup with Saban:
"You always want to challenge yourself against the best and you know I mean this is a great opportunity for us to go challenge against the number one team in the country, and see where we're at right now as a team this year"
ChristopherAdams
Intern
That's all for Mullen.
ChristopherAdams
Intern
Up next is Jacob Copeland.
ChristopherAdams
Intern
CORRECTION: Zach Carter will be first up amongst players
ChristopherAdams
Intern
On defensive line:
"I think we're doing really good as a group, guys are starting to gel together really nice,"
Says they can get better and he expects them to tap into another level
ChristopherAdams
Intern
On playing Alabama early in the year:
"We're more than prepared for this game. There's some things we have to fine tune for this week, but overall we're ready"
ChristopherAdams
Intern
Says Alabama is a great test and opportunity for team to see where they are
"We want to play with the best and compete with the best"
ChristopherAdams
Intern
On Bryce Young and trying to get pressure:
Says he has a good pocket presence and is also elusive; Carter says he's confident that the defense can get after the quarterback
ChristopherAdams
Intern
On atmosphere playing a role:
"Whenever any team is coming to the Swamp, you know, especially as big of a game as this is, you know, I know it's a sellout crowd 90,000, that'd rattle anybody, you know, veteran, our young player so you know the crowd, you know, really helped juice up energize the defense, this weekend, we definitely feed off that"
ChristopherAdams
Intern
On potentially replacing Ventrell Miller this weekend:
"I feel like we shouldn't have an issue, you know, picking up that leadership role guys just had to, you know they have to step up, they have to step up
ChristopherAdams
Intern
On excitement for this game:
"We've been talking about this game for a long time you know offseason, obviously, is one of the most anticipated games of this year"
ChristopherAdams
Intern
On motivation after close loss to 'Bama last year:
"We know we can play with them, we know what we can accomplish so that's definitely motivation"
ChristopherAdams
Intern
On being recruited by Alabama:
"I know it was late in the process, and I already have my mind set on Florida already for you know they came pretty late. I guess they thought they could sneak up and get me but, you know, I was already a Gator at heart"

Says he "bleeds orange and blue" and nothing could change his commitment to Florida.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.