The Inside Scoop: Five-star Walter Nolen

2,706 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 18 days ago by cyclogator
Mark Wheeler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Here are a few tidbits after communicating with the father of five-star defensive tackle Walter Nolen this morning:

First off, he wanted to point out that Georgia, Tennessee, and Texas A&M are his son's current top three, he isn't down to those three as the person who did the edit communicated in his tweet.

Keep in mind that this is Nolen's third list in the last six weeks. That is because as Mr. Nolen explained, these leader lists are based on emotion and how his son is feeling at the moment.

He said as of right now the unofficial visit to Florida for the Alabama game is still supposed to happen.

And before spouting off on the Internet, keep in mind if you are truly a fan, your words can have an impact.

From Mr. Nolen this morning:

"A lot of Florida fans talking about us like we're just horrible people. Glad they're showing their true colors."
Go Gators TJ
We got too many toxic ass wanna be fans.

Let the kids go through the process and if we are a good fit they'll sign with us.

Seeing some of the crap on twitter about the family makes me question how smart some of you really are.
OrangeandBlue
If he is still coming to see us for the Bama game it means we still got a chance.

Our staff needs to show him what Turner has done to help players like Jones and Fletcher earn 10s of millions of dollars.

Show him Slaton. He was just a big body when Turner first got here now they are calling him the steal of the draft for the Packers. He is tearing it up there.

Turner has a track record much better than the DL coaches at the other three. Georgia signs all of these 5 stars, but point out the ones in the NFL? They got the one from the Bengals and who else?
SFFLORIDAFAN
I'm one of those fans because to me he is chasing clout with all these top 5s and top 3s. How is he going to put UGA in over us when there's not even any recruiting in a month? It's because he likes the attention.
Mark Wheeler
Staff
Mark Wheeler
Staff
baseballdad16
The Gators go through this every year. Just sit back, take a deep breath, and if it's supposed to be us it will happen. If not like SOS said( paraphrasing) it will happen if not oh well. Way off but not trying to stir the anymore. His father was very adamant about the negative comments about the two of them and people taking comments out of context. Nolen's choices change as most young people's do, even in my own children and grandchildren. Go Nolen, Go Gators!!!!!
cyclogator
I really hope he plays for us. Loading up on top DL does nothing but great things for everyone!

I also think people should see that NIL has really kinda changed the ball game in more ways than they probably understand. His timeline (top team lists and announcement) is based on twitter followers. It appears to me he is accounting for popularity in his decision making process and wants to get his name out there. I kinda think its smart and it further makes me want him as a part of the team.
Mark Wheeler
Staff
He hit 11K

Ssweat
I'll probably get blasted on here for this but as much as we blame Mullen for our poor recruiting and yes it mainly his fault our fan base on Twitter is toxic as they come. All fan bases have them but ours is over the top. Would you want to send your kids to a school that the fan base will blast you on social media at the slightest thing going wrong? It's time we take some accountability ourselves.
1bigg8rindade
He's making himself look like a clown tweeting he is committing and then wide open in 5 minutes.

He reminds me of Hunter that liked us and signed with Texas A&M. You couldn't believe anything he said either. I didn't want him and I'm starting to not care what Nolen does.
reel_gator8
It is amazing to me the damn idiots who trash a recruit over a list that could change tomorrow...it is not something I like...the kid has his head spinning and the attention is something that happened because of his talent. I hope he decides to wear O&B,,,but if he doesn't it isn't the end of the world. I surely wouldn't act like an ass if he decides to go elsewhere, some of our "fans" act like 13 year old girls.
cyclogator
Mark Wheeler said:

He hit 11K

Im not a tweeter so I dont know this, is there a way one can extrapolate where one's followers are located?
gatrkd50
If you think this kids Dad is being sincere i got an igloo in Arizona for sale. He he nor his Dad has any interest whatsoever committing here. And that trip for the Bama game is just that a free trip waste of time and resources.
Bd489
I enjoy getting on here and discussing recruiting, less so when results are poorbut who gets on Twitter and blasts an 18 year old? I've never had the desire to message a recruit or player and don't understand what anyone gets out of doing so.
cyclogator
He has 12k followers on IG now. When is he announcing?
Mark Wheeler
Staff
gatrkd50 said:

If you think this kids Dad is being sincere i got an igloo in Arizona for sale. He he nor his Dad has any interest whatsoever committing here. And that trip for the Bama game is just that a free trip waste of time and resources.

They've already taken their official visit, so it wouldn't be a 'free' trip, they would be footing the bill to travel to the game.
ChicagoGator
To be honest, the Florida fanbase just flat out sucks on Twitter. People still harass Marco Wilson's dad in the comments every tweet he makes.
Swamp_Thing
ChicagoGator said:

To be honest, the Florida fanbase just flat out sucks on Twitter. People still harass Marco Wilson's dad in the comments every tweet he makes.

His Dad didn't have any problem dishing it out and slandering UF on Twitter.
"Most teams that are up there fighting for championships, they better be in the top five in the nation in recruiting" - Steve Spurrier, 2018
"We have to change the recruiting process somehow and make sure that us Gators are up there in the top five in recruiting, and that’s really how you go about that, having really super teams every year." - Steve Spurrier, 2019
reel_gator8
Maybe Mark knows the answer to this...as Im not an expert.on Nolan.but it seems as if his dad is the one that controls what Nolan does....what say yee Mark?
reel_gator8
To add more thoughts to this...he is subject to change course like a sail boat and some of you will feel foolish if he does....relax and let it play it play out.
Cus
YEAH, CAUSE GATORS FANS ARE THE ONLY ONES WHO ACT LIKE THIS!!

Nole, Buckeye, Tide, Dawg, Aggie, pick your P5 school. They all have toxic fans, we're hardly some kind of anomaly.

Jilt Michigan or Georgia fans Mr Nolen, then come talk to me about our "true colors".
ChicagoGator
Swamp_Thing said:

ChicagoGator said:

I agree, but people need to move on
Swamp_Thing
ChicagoGator said:

Swamp_Thing said:

ChicagoGator said:

I agree, but people need to move on

Absolutely, both parties should have kept their mouths shut.
"Most teams that are up there fighting for championships, they better be in the top five in the nation in recruiting" - Steve Spurrier, 2018
"We have to change the recruiting process somehow and make sure that us Gators are up there in the top five in recruiting, and that’s really how you go about that, having really super teams every year." - Steve Spurrier, 2019
cyclogator
Well...who is next on our list? I really don't think he is coming to UF.
Dbltap03
I don't have Twitter. But to me, any of our fans that degrade an 18 year old and tweet negatively at them or their families is a real piece of trash. It does nothing but shine a negative light on our entire team and fan base. We may not be the only fan base that does it but we are the only fan base that matters to me.
cyclogator
So I guess when he said he would announce once he got to 11k followers on IG he didn't mean he would announce once he got to 11k followers? Hopefully he is giving the coaches better and more accurate information and not jerking them around as well.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.