Defensive Coordinator Todd Grantham press conference

837 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Alexa_harley
Alexa_harley
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Intern
Defensive Coordinator Todd Grantham press conference
Alexa_harley
Intern
Grantham talks about new additions to the coaching staff in McGriff and Montinar. He says Montinar has been an assistant before at Alabama and Georgia, so his knowledge of our system and his ability to add to that is really good. He also adds that it brings a lot of energy to the field.
Alexa_harley
Intern
"Diwun's a guy that's got high energy," Grantham says about Diwun Black's position on the defense.
Alexa_harley
Intern
Grantham also adds that one his favorites parts of coaching is sticking with guys and seeing them making success. He says it's one of the most rewarding parts of being a coach is watching guys meet their goals.
Alexa_harley
Intern
"Kair's done a good job of trying to be accountable in the back end along with Trey Dean," Grantham says about leadership in the secondary.
Alexa_harley
Intern
He also says that Antonio Valentino and Daquan Newkirk have more similarities and differences. They both could play together and have similar background with one coming from the SEC and one from the Big 10.
Alexa_harley
Intern
Mohamoud Diabete is now up to 227 lbs. Grantham says one of the lesser known stories is how Mohamoud improved from the first game to the last.
Alexa_harley
Intern
Diabete joins media following Grantham.
Alexa_harley
Intern
He says he had a good offseason and the he dedicated himself everyday to his fitness, stretching and nutrition. He also says he put on around 15-20 pounds in the offseason.
Alexa_harley
Intern
"It made you hungry and now we want to go back," Diabate says about being at a SEC Championship and wanting another.
Alexa_harley
Intern
"I know everything I see in the media and in the world, I take it. You know, I think that's good," Diabete says about seeing negative things about the defense out in the world. He also adds that this is the closest team he's ever been on and that the negative media last year brought them closer.
Alexa_harley
Intern
Diabate talks about Ty'Ron Hopper and how he is ready for the field.

"That's my brother," Diabete says.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.